7. Memories

THIS WILL BE A FLASHBACK CHAPTER. 💕

AS Honey typed on her apple laptop while sitting in the apple sauce crisscross position, her mind blanked on what to write for this week's article. She's been experiencing writer's block lately and couldn't figure out why. She might have become her older self since she is in Virginia as opposed to California, where she was her younger self.

In the South, she didn't have to hide her accent as she does now in California. Perhaps she had an identity crisis, she realized.

Honey might not have known who she was.

Thinking back her mind went to the memories of her in school and Czar.

As people walked outside for school dismissal before Thanksgiving break, the four friends stood among them. It was Nadia's schedule for them to have sleepovers. Except for Willie, Honey's father, everyone was down.

Despite being raised in an urban Richmond community, he did not want her among those people. He had forgotten that he used to be a hoodlum before he became rich.

In the yellow bus that stopped in front of the school, sixteen students boarded, while the others either went to the suburbs or urban areas. Honey had to get on bus 92 with her friends, which was forty minutes away from her home.

By taking the city bus close to her home and walking the rest, she had time to change into her regular boring clothes. Getting off the bus, she looked at the sky and sighed when she saw it was cloudy where she was, while from afar, it was sunny.

After typing in the code, the gates opened and she saw her mother's car rather than her father's, making her smile because she might have a chance to sneak out tonight. On her porch, she unlocked her house door and heard her mother on the phone inside the living room discussing kitchen designs or remodeling the entire house.

Justina had to beg Willie to allow her to touch his money.

Honey went upstairs into her room and locked the door and held her back against the door, closed her eyes before opening them throwing her backpack on the floor and throwing herself on the bed on her stomach.

Her outfits were already planned for tonight's skating party with Nadia. Nadia thought it would be cool to showcase the crew's skating skills at Moore's Skating Rink's friend's dance night.

As Honey got up, she went into her closet and grabbed whatever she thought was cute, putting them in her duffel bag, and getting ready to tell her mother she was spending the night with Selena. The two girls only allowed her over there because they helped each other study.

After getting her clothes, she left her bag and went downstairs to see her parents eating fruit salad in the kitchen.

The married couple looked at her attentively, " Yes, what do you want?" Willie asked with attitude mad at Justina for confirming she could pay for the interior project that cost about $300,000.

Willie's cheap spending habits weren't new to Justina. He didn't want her to spend her money lavishly. According to him, the money was in his hands.

In response, Honey says, "I'm going to Selena's to study." As she starts to turn away, Willie stops her. " Um, sure Honey you can." It was an attitude because she didn't ask more so demanding she go to Selena's.