11. Secrets

Honey's life in San Diego had settled into a comfortable routine. When people asked where she was from, she'd reply "San Diego" without hesitation. This sunny seaside city was her home now.

But today Honey found herself back in her childhood home, sighing as she sat down to breakfast. The maid, Julian, gently placed the utensils and napkins that Honey's mother had carefully set out. Honey had spent the night with her parents after returning from a trip to Richmond. If she was being honest with herself, she wished she was still there instead of here. The only reason she came was because her mother had asked.

It had been days since Honey's last bitter argument with Willie. She hadn't spoken to him since. Now, as she helped set the table, she saw Todd enter the room - a family friend who owned an investment company. For months, Willie had tried unsuccessfully to set the two of them up. Honey still fumed remembering the time Todd had stood her up at the restaurant where he claimed he'd made reservations.

As Todd strolled over, Honey kept her gaze lowered, ignoring his presence. She knew she looked pretty either way, so she didn't care about impressing him. But even though he knew she wanted to avoid him, Todd walked right up to her and asked a question, his eyes darting around to see who might overhear.

" Hey, Honey. I apologize for leaving you hanging t-" Ignoring his apology, Honey glanced up with an attitude.

She was over that situation and thought he was too corny and pretty boyish for his actions

She sighed, shaking her head, " Todd, can we please just stop." Her short pedicure nails rubbed against her forehead as she complained.

Talking about relationships was draining her.

After nodding and looking around, he walked away.

Finished setting the table, she smiled lightly into a blank expression.

In the same attire unfitting for her father, Honey sat across from her parents and Todd sat beside Honey. Todd's presence puzzled her. She thought it was a family breakfast.

She would soon find out.

A spoon clanked against Willie's orange juice glass. Honey sat slumped in her chair with her arms crossed.

" Time to make a toast." Lazily, Honey grabbed her empty glass holding up further away from her father's.

She was so over this.

He continues, " I want to thank Honey for coming back from a trip, hopefully, she will tell me where she went and I'm grateful for Todd, my soon-to-be son-in-law." Honey squinted her eyes at her father's statement.

If he thought Todd was the one, yikes soon will be disappointed.

Todd smiled at Honey and received a fake smile from her.

Willie then sat down and picked at his food, anticipating that Honey would share about her trip.

" So, Honey where did you go?" Was the million-dollar question.

Honey's eyes narrowed and she took an exasperated breath before she answered. " Richmond."

Willie tilted his head because why would she go back there?

He furrowed his eyebrows, unlike his wife who hung her head low knowing an argument may happen. Her hand was placed over Willie's thigh as she gazed between them. He rightfully looked at her with an attitude. After removing her hand, she shook her head and pinched her nose bridge.

Todd wiped the corners of his mouth and then dismissed himself because the intensity was thick. He didn't want any part.

" Honey, what did I tell you about there? I'm sure you went to the ghetto and saw your friends. I know you did. Oh wait, that boy!" He semi-shouted the last statement realizing that she could have gone to see Czar.

Czar reminded Willie of himself, but he was too urban for him to be with his daughter.

" Yes, father. I went to see my friends and possibly Czar." She confessed.

Willie squinted his eyes shut in disbelief at her. He knew what those kinds of people wanted, nothing but money and her goodies.

Her mother steps in, " Willie just calm down let's leave the conversation alone. She is grown, we can't stop her from where she goes or sees."

" Like hell, I can't. She is my daughter and I'm the parent." Willie spat, looking at his wife.

Honey couldn't believe her father's thought process.

A bunch of reckons filled the dining with a shouting match.

Honey standing up over her parents over the table. " See, I'm done I can't take it because not everyone wants something from me." She had tears welling in her eyes and she headed upstairs and was followed by her father who stopped her on the stairs.

" You think that boy wants to get to know you on a deeper level? Hell no, he wants pussy." Honey continued walking, ignoring his comment.

When she was packing up her items and walking down the hall to her car in the driveway, she could still hear him.

Dealing with him pissed her off.

I know the chapter is short but it's just a filler and Nami first chapter is halfway finished. I'm still trying to figure out how I want the chapter to go. Thank you for reading and excuse the mistakes.