Chapter 1: An Unlucky Encounter

Aiden sighed as he stepped off of the public bus. He had just gotten fired and was on his way home to be alone.

"Assholes" he muttered, kicking a rock out of his path. "All of them."

He was about to walk around a corner when he heard shuffling noises coming from the other side of it. His brows furrowed. 

Probably just the raccoons again. 

He walked around the corner and froze. He stared at the scene with his heart in his throat as he tried not to make another sound.

A man dressed in all black was carrying a lifeless body over his shoulder and looked like he was about to try to hide it. Dried blood was splattered on the walls and the concrete ground. Luckily, he was so wrapped up in what he was doing that he didn't notice Aiden's presence. 

Aiden inhaled through his nose as he slowly started to back away behind the corner. He cursed when he stepped on a twig that was inconveniently placed directly behind him.

The man jerked his head to lock eyes with Aiden. 

"Fuck."

Aiden pressed his lips together before he decided to make a run for it. He shoved trash cans to the side, pushed people out of his way, darted around several corners, and ran and ran until he was gasping for air.

Panting, he looked around at his surroundings. He had never been in this alleyway before. This area was unfamiliar to him.

He cursed again before standing still. Did I lose him? he thought to himself.

Aiden's eyes widened when he looked at his shadow on the brick wall in front of him, noticing that his shadow was not alone. His lips parted but a hand clasped over his mouth before he could call for help. 

"Mmph--!"

He gripped the man's arm, digging his nails into it as he squirmed around trying to break free. He tried to step on the man's foot, but it was ineffective. 

"Don't fight it" the man whispered in his ear.

Aiden stiffened, hearing his deep and raspy voice. His chest was rising and falling at an alarming rate, and he could feel his heart pounding.

"Don't fight it" the man repeated. 

Aiden tried pulling away, but he was running out of stamina. He whimpered, slowly looking back out of the corner of his eye to see the man's deep blue eyes piercing through him; his black hair casting a shadow over his face.

"Don't scream" the man said, bringing his hand down to tighten around Aiden's throat. 

Aiden's breath caught as his eyes darted to the brick wall in front of him. 

Someone please help me. Help. Someone, please.

His eyes drifted down when he saw the man's hand start to bring a rag up to his face. He tried turning his head the other way, but his neck was held firmly. 

He panicked and continued to try inching away, only to fail again. The rag was quickly brought up to his face and Aiden caught the heavy scent of chloroform before losing consciousness. 

A/N: Holy shit, this story blew up more than expected so thank you all for reading! Give the chapters you like a vote and feel free to leave any comments! :) ♡♡♡