Chapter -12

Recap-Shaoshang managed to escape unnoticed, Zisheng arrived in time but allowed Prince Xiao to escape, as he seemed to be after something more significant. As Shaoshang was about to leave, she encountered a familiar face at a crossroads, presenting her with a dilemma – move on or offer help.

🏵️🏵️🏵️🏵️🏵️🏵️🏵️🏵️🏵️🏵️

It was almost midnight. Shaoshang sat in a dimly lit room at her study table, meticulously carving a unique doll.

After ensuring the safety of Third Aunt and the people of Hua County, she was planning to continue her journey. However, this time she wouldn't make impulsive decisions. Money was a necessity, and what better way to acquire it than by using her talents? She was also in the process of preparing some wines as well.

"I need to rest now," Shaoshang said. She was meticulous about her health and never neglected it. Whether it was maintaining a healthy diet or regular exercise, she remained steadfast in her commitment.

She stood up, made her way to her bed, and took a seat near the headrest. Her hand slipped under the pillow to retrieve something.

"It's not a dream, but a reality," Shaoshang read quietly.

Adjusting to this reality was challenging. She often found it confusing to distinguish between dreams and reality, necessitating constant reminders of her true circumstances.

After reading, she returned the item to its place and settled into bed, drifting off into slumber.

🪷 NEXT DAY 🪷

Shaoshang's Pov

I sat beside Yang Yang in the main hall during an ongoing celebration to mark our arrival at the new mansion.

This was the worst feeling, encountering a moment identical to that dream. It became exceedingly difficult to comprehend. I shook my head as the weight of it all started to press down on me.

Two familiar women entered the hall. I recognized them: Lou Li and Wang Jin. As expected, the first thing they did was insult me.

"I heard someone was confined to their house due to their vulgar behavior," Wang Jin remarked, glancing at me from the corner of her eye.

"Now I understand! They are the problem, not me," I muttered.

"Niao Niao, did you say something?" Yang Yang asked with a concerned tone.

"Cousin sister, my stomach is in great pain. I'm heading back to my quarters. Can you please inform others if they inquire about my whereabouts?" I said, clutching my waist and leaning forward.

"Niao Niao, should I accompany you?" Yang Yang inquired.

"No, I'll manage on my own," I replied, and I rose from my seat to leave.

Exiting the hall, I made my way through the crowd, walking towards my quarters.

My stride remained the same, thanks to the lessons I'd learned from THE EMPRESS. A fleeting smile crossed my face, but it quickly faded as I recalled the face I had seen before leaving the festival.

It angers me to my core that Zisheng knew about everything and still betrayed Her Majesty. If he had simply talked to Her Majesty, she would have stepped back without needing to resort to humiliation. He wasn't loyal to the one who raised him, how could he  ever be loyal to me?