Chapter 5~ Leaving the Isle of the Lost Part 2

Melanie's POV

Isle of the Lost

"Villains," My mother called out, which made Cruella, Jafar, and the EQ answer with a "Yes."

"Our day has come! EQ? Give her the mirror." Mother continued. The Evil Queen gave her magic mirror to Evie. Evie was shocked and said," This is your magic mirror?"

EQ said," Yeah, but it's not what it used to be. But, then again, neither are we. It will help you find things."

"Like a prince?" Evie said dreamily, which caused me to roll my eyes. "Like my waistline," EQ responded. "Like the magic wand! Hello." My mother interrupted the conversation that the mother and daughter were having.

My mother sat on top of EQ and started talking about a spell book and a 'safe,' which turned out to be the fridge that she could never open. So EQ had to help her open it. Mother then called Mal and I over and said, "There she is. It doesn't work here, but it will in Auradon." She said, giving us the book. I grabbed it and looked through it while she continued to talk.

She turned to EQ and asked, "Remember? When we were spreading evil and ruining lives?"

"Like it was yesterday," EQ responded. "And now you will be making your own memories." Our mother said to Mal and me.

"By doing exactly as I tell you." she continued, and I had to resist an eye roll. After that, we all separated again. Before we left, I changed into a cute purple dress and other shoes. I also decided to put my hair in a bun. On my way out, I grabbed the leather jacket I had taken off.

So I went outside and saw Carlos enter the limo while Evie stood by the door. I walked over to the limo and gave my bag to the driver. I then made my way closer to the limo door. I turned to see Mal doing the same with her bag. Mal caught up to me and looked at me. 'You look nice. But why did you have to change?" she asked. "I don't know. I guess I want to make a good first impression," I said, giving her a wink.

'What, I am not that terrible!'

Mal and I looked at each other, and then we looked up at the balcony where our mother was standing, looking down at us. She made a gesture that said, 'I'm watching you.' So Mal and I turned back to the limo. I climbed in first and sat next to Evie, while Mal sat next to Jay.

'They can so be a cute couple!'

Unlike our mother, I believe that love is not a weakness, but I would never tell her that because all that would do is make her freak out. I looked around the limo. There were a bunch of different types of candies and lovely things. I noticed Evie trying to put some makeup on Mal, but Mal was not letting her.

I grabbed one of the same things that Evie had taken a bite of, which was delicious. Evie looked in my direction and moved the brush toward my face. I just nodded and let her put some makeup on me. While she was doing that, I saw a remote. I grabbed it and pressed the button. Evie then said, "LOOK!" we all turned to see the limo we were on heading to the broken bridge.

"It's a trap!" Carlos yelled. We all screamed and held onto each other. We were all waiting for something to happen, but nothing ever did; we were still driving. Then, finally, I opened my eyes slowly and was confused to see a golden bridge thing.

"What just happened?" Carlos asked. "It must be magic," Evie said, getting excited. I turned towards the driver and said, "Hey!" he looked back at me, so I continued, "Did this little button just open the magic barrier?"

"Nope. This one opens the magic barrier." He said, holding up another remote. "That one opens my garage, and this button," he said while pressing a button that made the divider go up and cut him off. "Okay! Nasty. I like that guy." I said, sitting back straighter, and Mal nodded, agreeing with me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: 

IM SORRY! After so long of not updating, I found my drafts for this story and have decided to continue it since I had all of it written. All it needed was for me to double-check and probably triple-check everything!