Chapter 9~ Getting Up To No Good!

Melanie's POV

Auradon Door Room (Same Outfit as Before. Above is a picture of the Rose)

The girls and I were back in our dorm room with Jane, talking about how her conversation with her mom had gone.

'And let me tell you, it didn't go how she wanted it to.'

Mal was in her bed drawing something, and Evie was on my left, sitting on a table sewing a dress. I was lying on my bed drawing in my sketchbook. I am drawing a rose. I usually draw whatever pops up in my head, and this time, it was a rose with small leaves sticking out of it.

I was brought into the conversation when Evie asked, "Mal, Mel! Do you like it?" I looked up, and she was holding a cute dress. Mal beat me to it and said, "Yeah. It's cute." I continued by saying, "It brings out your eyes." Evie smiled and said, "I know."

"I'll never get a boyfriend," Jane says exasperatedly while throwing herself back on Evie's bed.

"Boyfriends are overrated," Mal says, not looking up from her drawing. I just shared a look with Evie and rolled my eyes while she said, "And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one." which made me chuckle and say, "But she wants one. Jay!" Evie looked at me, giggling and nodding while Mal pretended I didn't say anything and said, "It's 'cause I don't need one. They're a waste of time." which made me give her an 'Are you serious' look. She just gave me a half-shrug.

"I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no." Evie gasped, rushing to get Chad's backpack and taking out his homework. I just rolled my eyes, and I looked to Mal, who said, "And that is exactly what I mean."

I went back to try and add the last finishing touches to my rose but was interrupted when there was a knock followed by someone walking into our room since the door was wide open.

"Hey, guys! I'm Lonnie. My mom's Mulan? No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil. But do you think you could do mine?" the girl introduced herself. I looked up at her and saw her hair, which needed a bit of help, in my opinion.

'Sorry, I'm just saying the truth.'

I got up from my bed and moved towards Mal and, with a curious face, said, "Why would we do that for you?" now looking at Mal, who had the same look on her face.

"I'll pay you 50 dollars." Lonnie said, showing us the bag, which Evie grabbed and said, "Good answer. I need to buy more material. Let's see, I'm thinking we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights." while telling us what her vision on the hairstyle was. Lonnie cut off Evie by saying, "Yeah, yeah. I want it cool. Like Mal's and Mel's." I reached up and grabbed a piece of my hair, remembering how Mal had spelled it for me, and I have been in love with it ever since.

"Really? The split ends, too?" Evie asks, looking at both Mal and I, shaking the bag of money that made Mal sigh and get up to grab the spell book. "Okay... "Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair," Mal said, moving her finger from side to side, which caused Lonnie's head to follow.

When it was done, Lonnie moved to the Mirror, and we all moved closer to her. I was sitting on the edge of Mal's bed. Evie went to stand next to Lonnie saying, "I know. I know. It looks like a mop on your head. You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it..." which caused me to laugh to myself because only Evie would say something like that.

"No, no, no, no, no, no! I love it." Lonnie said, cutting her off. She smiled at her reflection, then she did something that surprised us all: she ripped part of her skirt while saying, "Now I'm cool."