Chapter Fifteen

Renae had found her sister with the help of James. Unfortunately for everyone in the room, Renae had no control over her emotions as she verbally attacked James and Kelly.

"Who gives you the damn right to tell me to cut her some slack? She's my sister! Not yours! She left me, our family for some bozo who I knew for a damn fact didn't give a damn about her! What makes you think I wasn't coming here to kill her for leaving me with that tortuorous thing?! Okay, I'm not going to actually kill her but I will with my words! You can't fucking tell me what the fuck to do when it comes to my family, do you understand me fake ass blondie?" Renae pointed her finger at James then looked at Kelly "If I should even call her that." She dropped her hand back to her side.

"Okay, that's enough with a tongue lashing for right now. We all have questions. Sit down, take a breath and let's catch up a little bit. Okay?" James motioned Renae to sit down. Renae, shaking her head, sat on the couch and looked around realizing this wasn't a dorm, it was more of an actual apartment.

"So, a while back when I saved your sister from said dickwad, we started dating after she recovered. So I think I do have at least a little say in how you treat my fiance. Also, your mom's been after both of you, the only reason she can't find her is because she's been staying with me. A perk to being a patrolmen is the flat luxury. She was trying to find you, there's something wrong with her wolf tho. Her body is rejecting it's wolf. Her body has been deteriorating ever since, Dr Jones thinks it's because she rejected her mother so she's rejecting herself as well." James squeezed Kellys hand as he watched Renae.

Renae knew nothing about what she would do. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she stood up. With no words, she walked out the door and ran as fast as she could manage.

"I should go get her." Kelly spoke up.

"No, just let her go. She needs time to think. I know you needed time when you found all of this out. She's only a year younger then you but you've been used to this for two years now. I'm surprised she's actually taking all of this in as well as she is. I mean in only like a month, she learned she was, as you called it, a hybrid freak, your mother's nothing more than a psychotic dog, your dads a blood sucker who found a cure for the blood and sunlight problems of vampirism. Let her breathe." James grabbed Kellys shoulder and started rubbing.

"Stop, you know that makes me starve when you do that." She smacked away his hand and walked into the kitchen. She walked to the kitchen and pulled out a blood bag.

"Everything makes you starve. You need to fight and not give into your cravings all the time if you want to go back into civilization." James grabbed the bag from her and put it back into the fridge.

"I can't help it. The serum helped for a little bit till my first blood moon when I was actually outside. If the same thing is going to happen to Rae, what are we gonna do? I'm supposed to find a solution, I'll die and so will Rae." She pushed past him and walked back to the couch and dropped onto it on her stomach.

"Why didn't you tell her you were a hybrid too? Your original father went through the same thing as Jarrod but you don't want anyone to know. Why?"

"I just wish I was still human. Everything was easier." She sighed rolling onto her back.

"You don't mean that. Your mom beat the crap out of you, then that boyfriend of yours almost killed you." He walked back towards her.

"I mean sure, she smoked weed and did some hard drugs but in the end it was to cover the wolf scent all of us were giving off. Till she realized a specific type of vodka had some kind of solution that stopped her from changing she went crazy but in the beginning, she did care. She had to." She began to tear up. James felt his guilt swell as he walked over and hugged her slightly laying on top of her. He held her for as long as she'd let him, till she sniffled and he heard her say something.