Chapter Forty-One

After we were done in the shoe store, we went back to the car to pack all the bags in the trunk. We had gotten all the clothes I needed and got four different pairs of shoes. I felt it was excessive but Adam thought I didn't get enough.

"So, what would you like to have for lunch?"  Adam asked closing the trunk.

"You know, chinese sounds really good right about now." I smirked.

"Then chinese it is. Where's the closest chinese restaurant?" He looked around.

"There's one in the food court. We can just go back inside." I pointed behind me to the building.

He smiled and we walked back hand in hand. We walked to the china hut in the food court and ordered our food. I was surprised Adam had ordered so much when just the day before, he didn't want any kind of food. As I heard the cashier speaking in cantonese with one of her coworkers, about how attractive Adam was. I couldn't help but add in to their conversation making both of them blush and compliment my language skills. After getting our food, we sat down at one of the many tables and laid out our food.

"I'd never take you to be the type of person that loves chinese. Since when did you learn cantonese?" He asked handing me a fork.

"I don't know too much but Tylers family were avid lovers of china and their traditions. Didn't I grab chopsticks?" I asked looking over the table.

"I'll stick to the fork. I haven't used chopsticks in... way too long." He laughed handing me the chopsticks.

"Well, you can watch an american master at work." I giggled as I started eating my food.

"Show off." He rolled his eyes.

Once we were done eating I sat and watched him stack the paper plates we had used then stretched my back and yawned.

"Does a full belly mean nap time?" He mocked me.

"Well excuse me but it just so happens to run in my family. It's in my blood to take naps." I stuck up my nose and laughed.

"I'm aware. I used to babysit your dad when he was just a newborn." He laughed pushing the plates to the side and setting his hands on the table.

"So, where to next?" I asked placing my hands on top of his.

Before he could respond, the woman he spoke to before decided to insert herself into our conversation as she pushed me to the side.

"So that's why you turned me down? You're a disgusting cradle robber!" She yelled at him, her anger fuming.

All the anger I had before was just brought back to the surface. "Get out of here." I said not giving Adam a chance to reply to her.

"Your just as disgusting as him you little gold digger!" She lifted her hand to slap me. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact but nothing landed.

"She told you to leave." I opened my eyes to see Adam leaning over the table, holding her by the wrist. "So leave." He threw her hand making her fall back a few steps. She gasped at his physical retaliation and rolled her eyes before walking away in a huff.

"Are you okay?" He asked walking over to me looking me up and down.

"She didn't even touch me thanks to you." I smiled at him as he kneeled down next to me.

I tapped his shoulder and stood up just as he did. We threw away our garbage and walked back to the car. As we drove around I kept my hand behind his head playing with his hair. Then I noticed he had a growing smile on his face.

"What are you staring at?" He looked at me flashing a smoldering smirk.

"Now who's the show off." I smirked.