The Journey Begins. {8}

Trix woke up early the next morning.

Which wasn't unusual. She usually woke just before the sun.

She stretched and made her way through the piles of sleeping dwarves. As carefully as she could. She was lucky that she was a deep sleeper. Some of the dwarves could certainly snore.

She chuckled softly when she noticed Kili and Fili sprawled across the floor.

After she made her way out of the minefield of dwarves. She went outside. And let out a sharp whistle. She used her wind magic to carry the sound.

She sat on the step waiting. It didn't take long for a large horse to appear trotting over the ridge.

Trix smiled as Aasimar trotted to her. He huffed loudly and bowed his great head.

Trix chuckled fondly and rubbed the horse's ears, "See, I told you I'd call for you." Aasimar whinnied softly shaking his mane.

Trix smiled "Are you ready to be all set up?"

Aasimar nodded.

So Trix set about her work. She first brushed Aasimar down, making sure to check his hooves. Once he was all brushed and cleaned up. Trix laid down a set blankets across his back. She rarely rode with a saddle. Preferring to ride bare back. She then resized her saddle bags and placed them over his back.

When she was all done, Trix patted his flank.

"There Aasimar, you're all ready. Now relax and stay in the area."

Aasimar huffed and nudged her body. Trix chuckled and gave the horse his apple.

"happy?"

Aasimar nodded and walked to stand next to the fence.

Trix shook her head with a smile and then made her way back into the house.

The sun was just on the rise now. And the dwarves were beginning to wake up.

Trix smiled at the low grumbles and groans coming from the main room.

She made her way into the kitchen and started to make breakfast.

As she cooked, she hummed softly. Not sticking to any song, just humming to herself.

Gandalf was the first to come in.

"Good Morning Trix."

Trix smiled over her shoulder, "Morning Gandalf." She pointed with her head, "There's tea if you want it."

Gandalf smiled and moved towards the tea.

Trix returned to her humming as she cooked.

Thorin stood watching from the door frame.

He had missed her. When she left everything felt to quiet. She was almost always humming.

Even in the forges when the worked.

He now understood why she had left. As a Shadow-tamer, she was needed.

Soon enough all the dwarves were standing in the kitchen eating.

"Lass, what song were you humming?" Bofur asked looking at Trix curiously.

Trix shrugged, "I wasn't humming any one song, it was more a mesh of whatever songs came into my head."

Fili and Kili shared a look, "Well what are those songs called?

Trix chuckled, "Which one?"

Kili narrowed his eyes playfully, "you're doing this on purpose."