Chapter 11

I pounded on the door, screaming. This wasn't right. I can't kill an innocent woman! I can't kill anyone! She isn't coming back. I thought to myself, always giving up too easily.

     I looked around the room, it was nice. It had an old setting, old furniture, mostly white, along with hints and accents of lavender and turquoise. Everything was amazingly detailed, and perfectly arranged. Yet, this is the room my "mother" throws me in. A spare room, I'm assuming. Nothing in this room must mean anything to her if she ordered me to brutally murder someone in it.

    I walked over to the bed, and laid there on my back, staring at the ceiling. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the woman, trembling in fear. "I won't hurt you" I began, sitting up on the bed to face her. "Stay away from me! M-monster!" She screamed, holding her side. Monster? I look across the room, to see a mirror. My reflection revealed that my eyes had turned jet black. Along with my nails, and hair.

    I am a monster...

    The woman continued to tremble. "I won't hur-" I started, realizing she was injured. The strong smell of blood began to reach me, and it smelled good... I swung my feet around, and jumped to me feet, off of the bed. I slowly began walking towards the terrified woman. "You're bleeding..." I said, craving her blood.

    This isn't me. I'm not a monster. I'm not a monster, I'm not a monster! I don't kill people! I don't like the taste of blood!

    I tried to control myself, not knowing what would happen with me in this state. I looked over my shoulder, the nightstand had a single blade on top of it, covered in blood, my blood. The knife in my chest was gone. I traced the area on my chest that had been stabbed with my finger. The wound wasn't even there. The knife was left with a note.

    "kill her"

    I don't want to. I thought, as I began walking towards the knife.

    Or do I?