Chapter 2

"What? Why? What happened?! Is she okay?!" I ask, flustered and panicking. "Just come with us please." I slipped flip flops on and threw my hair up in a messy bun using the red hair tie on my wrist as I ran out the front door. The men escorted me into the police car and we drive to the hospital. It felt like an eternity as I sat in the back seat, shaking, nearly crying, and picking at the skin on my lip.

    "We've arrived" one man said, standing outside my now open door. I must've spaced off. I moved my hand away from my lip to see small drops of blood. I stepped out of the car as I lightly touched my lip. I could feel the blood, and it burned to touch. The men began escorting me to a room, one checked us in or something. I don't really know what he did. The other stood outside and made a hand gesture, which told me to go in the room.

    There she was. My mom. Laying on a hospital bed. Cuts and stitches on near every part of her body, bruises everywhere. Her face was unrecognizable. There was burns all over her body. Tubes and needles in and out of her body. Machines all around her, making all kinds of noises, each one hurt to hear. Because I knew what that meant.

   I slowly walked to her bedside, falling to my knees. Just then I noticed the nurse and doctor standing on the other side. They were changing out some of the things they had my mom hooked up to. I don't really know which ones. "We will let you two be alone. We will be right outside in the hallway if something happens. Do not hesitate to tell us if something does" the doctor says. "O-okay..." I said slowly and quietly, like a whisper. "We have to speak with you about some things in a few minutes" the doctor said, followed by him and the nurse walking out.

    I grabbed her hand and looked at her. Could she feel any if the pain? I'm not sure. If she can, she is suffering. I rested my head on the bed, next to her arm and cried. I knew what was happening. She is gone. Then the doctor walked in, I have no idea how long I was there. "Would you like to talk to me about important things out in the hallway?" I knew that meant I had to. I stayed completly silent and walked out with him, sitting in a cold blue chair.

    "We need to discuss what treatment options are available, miss" he said. "Treatment? You mean whether to take my mom off life support and kill her, or send her somewhere with more of the machines and just hope for some kind of magic so she will wake up?! You want me to decide whether to kill my mom or let her stay half alive, suffering?"