Chapter 16

I woke up, on cold marble flooring, old blood surrounding me. Some of it was even dry, it caked the floor around me, it encased my fingers, it stained my clothes, I was a mess. The color of the blood was strange. Some was bright red, it looked fresh. Some was dark brown, and drying up. My hair was sticky, covered in blood, like my arms, hands, fingers, and shirt. I laughed sadistically. I almost killed a woman who I grew up knowing as my aunt, even though my childhood was a lie. However, that doesn't matter anymore, does it?

I sat up slowly, rubbing my sore and stiff neck. I popped it by turning it to the side, and it was like nothing happened. "Dammit mom" I mumbled under my breath. I stood up, and stayed perfectly still and silent, listening closely for my mother and Kassandra.

She might wake soon...

No, she should be out for at least another hour.

I... Don't know. Her wounds all healed completely while we fought, and mine are still partially there. Not a lot, not noticeably, but still there

"Haha, I've got myself a fanclub" I said sarcastically, as I began walking towards the voices. My shoes clicked against the marble floors as I walked, I smiled evilly as I grew closer and closer. Then I reached the room, Kassandra sitting in a chair, and my mother inspecting her in injuries, giving me a cold blank stare. Whereas, I don't have and injuries remaining to inspect. So I do heal faster!

"How's the neck, overachieving bitch?" Kassandra asked annoyed. "Fine, and how's the group of puncture wounds leading straight to your cold heart, underachieving disappointment?" I replied coldly.

I walked up to Kassandra and my mother, bending down to get to Kassandra's level. I placed my index finger over her chest and traced her injury. "Does it hurt?" I asked with a smirk. "Shut up, you only got this far because I was ordered not to kill you." She responded. "Whatever makes you feel better. Wait? Ordered? You take orders?" I asked, leaning closer to her face, flicking her nose, then standing back up tall. She ignored the remark, and my mother chimed in. "Yes, she takes orders from me, and me only. Let's just say she owes me something. She's... Paying off debt" She said, turning around and walking off. "Kassandra, come." She said, and of course, Kassandra followed.

I went up to my room, the one where I committed murder for the first time. I sat on my bed, the corpse was gone. Completely. I only knew I was in the right place because of a few small blood droplets that were missed. I could also recognize the furniture. The vintage setting, the detailed cloths and fabrics. That being said, there could be more rooms like it, but I was pretty sure it was the right room.

It was then I realized, I woke up in human form, and I was still a heartless bitch. It felt great. Then I thought to myself, hey, I wonder if I can turn my powers on and off... So I tried. It took some time and practice, but finally I turned them on. My pupils went black, my hair changed, my vision changed, I suddenly had extra senses. I had finally accomplished turning those all on at will. Only I couldn't turn them off, great.