gone

will's Pov

My. Wife. Is. Gone. That's what I repeat repeatedly in my head, she was kidnapped by that fucking idiot that abused her for years. He has my Juliet and I intend to move heaven and earth to get her back. I love that woman and want to spend my life with her. My hands are shaking and it's hard to control my breathing, but I need to pull it together.

It's hard to concentrate on the police questions, some of them I don't even know how to answer. "Do you have proof of the abuse you say she endured during their relationship?" He asks and I get pissed, of course, they don't believe it just because you say it, she is a woman after all. But thankfully Juliet was smart and kept proof, and thankfully I know where she keeps it.

"One sec and I will get it," I say and head into the office. She has five flash drives with the same information on them hidden in different places just in case Travis got ahold of one of them, yes, my girl is slightly paranoid that he would find out that she has proof, so she went a bit overboard.

"It's all on this flash drive. Pictures, dates, descriptions, everything" I say and hand it over to the detective who just came and works with the police on cases like these. One of them takes the drive and plugs it into their computer to check it out while the officer continues to take my statement.

"There is a child involved right? Do you know if she has seen anything of the abuse? If she has, we will need a statement from her too" he continues. The last thing I would want because I want to protect her, but we don't have much choice. "Yes, she has. She has told me a bit about it. No child should have seen and heard what she has. But she is sleeping, it's late after all" I confess, and they tell me what is going to happen next.

"We have contacted the federal officers, FBI, they will be here tomorrow morning to take statements and continue the hunt for Mr. Meyer. Your wife is a high-profile figure, and the feds will want to handle this themself. There might be a hostage situation where they will demand payment, or it might be a kidnapping where they want to keep her. We don't know exactly what we are dealing with yet" he says and tells me that he will bring the flash drive straight to the fed's office so they can go through it before they come here tomorrow morning, and they will look through the footage as well as do a check on anything that has to do with Travis. They will analyze every part of their relationship and their life to get any hint on where he might be keeping her, but I don't mind we don't have anything to hide if it could get one step closer to bring her home.

The feds will also talk to people close to Juliet and figure out who is close to Travis so they can talk to them too. "We will do everything we can to bring your wife home," he says and keeps asking questions before they leave.

Our security stays inside the apartment to make sure that Lilly and I are safe while Travis is on the loose. Now however I need to make a call I don't want to make. I need to call her parents and tell them what is going on. They trusted me with their daughter, and now she is kidnapped. I can't help but feel that it's my fault, what if I didn't confess to her, maybe she wouldn't be taken?

When I grab my phone, I can't even find their contact before tears slide down my face. My screensaver is a picture of Juliet and Lilly, the two girls who mean the world to me. What if I never see Juliet again? The woman I love more than I can express in words. I finally found what I was hoping would be my happily ever after or whatever the fuck those sappy people call finding your person. I don't even know what I'm talking about, all I know is that I need her. I need my Juliet to come home, and there is a little girl upstairs that needs her mother.

Fuck... Lilly. Her sweet little innocent girl is going to wake up tomorrow and not find her mommy in the apartment. I will have to tell her that someone came and took her and when I tell her that I will take a part of her innocence with it. Knowing that someone came and took your mom like that... it's something that will change her.