Ch 5: The Start of Something New

Mr. Bickles was dressed in his usual clothes and stated to the audience, "Welcome everyone to our production of 'High School Musical' ! I'm the producer, Mr. Bickles. And now, here's our MC for the night...Darla Cortex!"

With that, Darla came onto the stage wearing a pretty yellow flowing dress.

Darla started, "It was New Year's Eve at the Ski Lodge at a ski resort in Utah....."

Most of the teenagers were partying the final few moments of the year away and getting ready to celebrate a new beginning. A teenage girl was snuggled up on the couch reading a book called ' If You Only Knew Me' . She was a really shy girl. Her name was Gabriella Montez. Her mother approached her.

She scolded, "Gabby, it's New Year's Eve. Enough reading."

Once she had said that, she snatched the book out of Gabriella's hands.

Trixie whined, "Oh but mom I'm almost done."

Ms. Amelia Montez shot Gabriella a stern look and stated, "The teen party. I've laid out your best clothes. Come get ready."

Trixie pouted and asked, "Can I have my book back?" Amelia sighed out of being annoyed and gave Gabriella her book back. Trixie said, stopping the pout, "Thank you."

Amelia instructed, "Come on."

At the same time, a teenage boy was practicing basketball with his father. He was sweating like God only knows what and he was panting like there's no tomorrow. His name is Troy Bolton.

Coach Patrick Bolton instructed, "Keep working left, Troy. The guy guarding you in the championship won't expect that. You'll torch him."

Timmy questioned, "By going left?"

Patrick answered, "Yeah. He looks middle, you take it downtown."

Timmy smirked and responded, "Okay. Like this?"

He did the move his father described and managed to get past his father at the hoop. And it was nothing but net. The duo didn't even notice Mrs. Samantha Bolton standing at the doorway.

Patrick commented, "Whoo! That's it, man! Sweet! Let's see that in the game."

Samantha called, "Boys?"

Both Patrick and Troy turn their attention to the dressed-up Samantha. She questioned, "Did we really fly all this way to play more basketball?"

Troy and Patrick glanced at each other and then at Samantha.

They both answer, in unison, "Yeah."

Samantha pointed out, "It's the last night of vacation. The party, remember?"

Patrick answered, blankly, "Right, the party. New Year's Eve!"

Samantha turned to her son and told him, "Troy, they're having a kid's party downstairs at the freestyle club."

Timmy asked, sounding unsure, "Kids party?"

Samantha corrected, "Young adults." She instructed, "Now, go shower!"

Troy took the basketball from his father and dribbled it. Timmy pouted, "Come on. One more." Mrs. Bolton did not believe this. Her son was more interested in basketball then getting ready for a New Year's Eve party. Timmy added, "Last one."

Patrick added, "Real quick."

The duo didn't even wait for an answer. Troy dribbled the basketball and shot. It was nothing but net...again!

Timmy yelled, "Whoo! That's the way to end it."

When Troy and Gabriella arrived at the ski lodge, they saw a lot of kids' partying. 2 teenagers were doing karaoke. Troy just stood against a wall somewhere while Gabriella was settling onto the couch, reading her book. The song ended and the host got on the stage.