Ch 13: We're All in This Together & end of play

It was the final few seconds of the championship game. The Wildcats were one point behind West High. The clock was ticking down faster than ticking up... Then, Troy suddenly stole the ball from West High and started dribbling the other way. He was weaving left and right to avoid the opposing defense, heading towards the goal. Then, just like he's been practicing during the weeks leading up towards this moment, he faked right, went left, threw the ball, and...NOTHING BUT NET!

The buzzer sounded and it was a one point victory...FOR THE WILDCATS! The crowd was going wild and the cheerleaders were running towards the players.

The announcer went crazy and stated, "EAST HIGH HAS WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP! YOUR EAST HIGH WILDCATS ARE CHAMPIONS! CONGRATULATIONS, EAST HIGH!"

The crowd chanted, "TROY! TROY! TROY! TROY!"

Patrick took the trophy and ran through the crowd.

He told them, "Coming though, coming through!"

Patrick handed his son the trophy and his teammates hoisted him up on their shoulders while Troy held it up in the air for all to see.

A.J. yelled, "WHAT TEAM!"

The team responded, "WILDCATS!"

A.J. yelled, "WHAT TEAM!"

The team responded, "WILDCATS!"

A.J. yelled, "WHAT TEAM!"

The team responded, "GET CHA HEAD IN THE GAME!"

As soon as Troy was put down and the trophy was out of his hands, Patrick came forward and engulfed his son in a hug.

Patrick stated, "I'm proud of you, son!"

Timmy responded, "Aw, thanks, dad!"

Then, Ms. Darbus walked forward. Uh-oh. Spaghetti oh! Ms. Darbus said, "Uh...bravo."

Or maybe not. Patrick said, "Brava!"

Ms. Darbus said, "Oh!"

Just then, Gabriella, wearing a red dress and red high heels, snuck up behind Troy and wrapped her arms around his shoulders from behind.

Trixie told him, "Congratulations, Wildcat!"

Troy pulled her around gently so she was standing in front of him. Timmy asked, "Oh. What about your team?"

Trixie answered, excited and happy, "We won, too!"

Troy and Gabriella embraced each other tighter and leaned in for a kiss...then Chad pushed the basketball between them smiling.

A.J. told him, "Team voted you the game ball, captain!"

Timmy responded, distracted, "Yeah, thank you, thanks a lot, yeah."

As Troy went off to Gabriella, Chad found Taylor and pulled her towards him.

A.J. asked, "So...you're going with me to the after-party, right?"

Alicia answered, with a question of her own, "Like on a date!"

A.J. grinned and responded, "Well, it must be your lucky day."

Taylor than walked away from Chad, smiling. A week ago, Taylor would have disagreed, but now...maybe Chad was right. Maybe it was her lucky day. Then, Taylor pulled Gabriella away from Troy as they were about to kiss...again!

Alicia told her, "Chad just asked me out!"

The girls beamed at each other before Taylor left and Gabriella was approached by Sharpay. Uh-oh. What was Sharpay going to say to her? Gabriella braced herself for the worst.