Ch 2

Timmy was close to the mic and he started to sing the solo from the movie, 'Hunchback of Notre Dame' . He finished his song and out of the shadows stepped Mr. Bickles and the girl that auditioned for Taylor. The girl was thirteen years old, an African American, long brown hair, brown eyes, wearing a short sleeved red blouse, blue jean skirt, and black shoes.

The girl popped up, "That was awesome, mister!"

Timmy muttered under his breath, "I'm not that old."

Mr. Bickles told her, "Alicia, that's Timmy Turner. Timmy, I like you to meet Alicia Grey. She's a transfer from Brightburg."

Timmy teased her, "You know that Brightburg citizens aren't usually welcome right off the bat?"

Alicia responded, "Yeah I know. But, I got my MESA to help me."

Timmy was surprised. He thought that A.J., Jimmy, and Coco were the only geniuses in the world. 'Guess I was wrong.' Timmy thought.

Mr. Bickles told Timmy, "We both heard you singing, Timmy. We both thought you were wonderful."

Timmy asked, "Compared to last time, huh?"

Alicia asked, curious, "Why, what happened last time?"

Mr. Bickles stated, "Well, somehow, Timmy got Chip Skylark's voice."

Alicia looked skeptical and stated, "That's impossible. Unless he has fairies like that crocker pot thinks."

Timmy laughed, trying to seem like it was a normal laugh. However, it wasn't helping. Alicia just shot him a look.

Mr. Bickles changed the subject, "Anyways. Timmy, I was wondering if you will be our Troy?"

Timmy froze. He didn't expect Mr. Bickles or this new girl to think that he was that good. Looking over at his 'paint supplies' , he gave them a 'what should I do' look. Alicia observed him and his 'paint supplies' from afar, wondering if this young boy did indeed have a secret.

Timmy stated, looking back at Mr. Bickles and Alicia, "I want to say yes but my answer is no. I'm sorry."

Mr. Bickles looked disappointed, "But, Timmy. This isn't going to be like last time."

He pointed out, "It might be. I might freeze up on stage and sing something wrong."

Alicia stated, "I could help you, you know. You seem like a nice enough person."

Timmy smiled at Alicia and responded, "Thanks Alicia but no thanks. I much rather finish painting the sets before I sing on stage in front of a lot of people."

Mr. Bickles stated, "But you were able to do it when you got that triangle talent two years ago."

Timmy corrected, "Yeah but that was playing an instrument. This is actual singing. Two different things."

Alicia asked, "Do you get stage fright?" Timmy looked away from her, answering her question. Alicia smiled at this. She went over to Timmy and told the pink hated boy, "You know, all you have to do is pretend that no one is here except you and the mic."

Timmy smiled at her and told her, "Thanks but again no thanks. I need the money to get my parents a gift for their anniversary."

Alicia frowned at this as did Mr. Bickles.

Alicia shrugged and stated, "Well, if you change your mind, you can find me living at Dimmsdale Flatts."

Timmy smiled at her again and commented, "Thanks, Alicia."

With that, the new girl left as did Mr. Bickles. Timmy breathed a sigh of relief as his fairy family poofed out to him.

Wanda asked, "Timmy, why are you refusing the chance of a lifetime?"

Cosmo added, "Yeah, this isn't like the last time."

Timmy asked, "How do you know that, guys? How do you know that this won't be like the last time?"

Poof answered, "Timmy is better at singing."

Timmy perked up as Wanda stated, "There, your own baby brother thinks that your singing has improved since then."

Cosmo added, "You sing a lot of times in front of people. What makes this any different?"

Timmy answered, "That's simple. That was for fun. Not for fame or for glory. That's what happened the last time with Trixie and me wishing for Chip's voice."

Wanda stated, "You know, that actually makes sense."

Poof added, "Poof, poof!"

Cosmo shrieked, "Ah, this isn't Timmy! This is still smarty Timmy!"

With that, Cosmo poofed out of there. Timmy rolled his eyes and slapped his forehead, worried about Cosmo's clueness.

...

Meanwhile, Alicia was wondering about Timmy's strange behavior.

She whispered, "Then again, I did just meet him."

Alicia sighed, seriously wondering why she got such a warm greeting from a strange boy. The way Alicia looked at it, Timmy was one strange boy. He wore pink, he had bucked teeth, and he had non living objects [usually pink, green, and purple] that he seemed to 'talk' too. Alicia just scratched her head in totally confused about Timmy Turner.

Alicia shrugged and whispered, "Oh well. Once he trusts me, I'm sure he'll tell me what's bothering him."

With that, she headed off to her new house.

...

Wishmaker1028: Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!