Chapter 97

M:   Esha watched them leave until she couldn't see them anymore, she then turned back to Arthur's grave and reached into her bag again, setting a rose on the headstone. 

"May you be at peace now, Arthur," she said, wiping the snow off the stone, "I know not when you may come back, or if you will even be a human in your next life, but I will search the world a thousand times over to find you again, and I will continue to do so until the end of time." 

She stood and leaned against Ivor, giving him a small wing hug as a content smile rested on her face, "so, what do you want to do now?"

N:   "I mean, we literally have the rest of the day to do whatever we want," Ivor shrugged as he thought hard about what to do when his face lit up, "I'm sure the lake nearby should be frozen by now, and it would be great to skate on it. We can bring people along too and it would be a great time."

The blacksmith turned to her and smirked, "So, when was the last time you skated?"

M:   Esha blinked at Ivor, "I never skated before, in the days of the empire the world was separated into different biomes, I had never been in a cold biome before, and even after the fall, I hadn't been on ice that way."

N:   "Well, you're going to thoroughly enjoy it," Ivor smiled as they made their way back to the castle, asking around to see who would be interested. There were a couple of people interested, even some countries, so they got ready for the wintery air. 

When Scotland heard what was happening, he immediately agreed to come along, and when he heard that Esha had never skated, he chuckled, "Then I'm going to have a blast pushing you onto the ice, but I will be nice. For your sake." 

"Don't be too harsh on her," England rolled his eyes, drinking his warm beverage as he watched his husband getting excited about going on the ice, "you literally live around frozen lakes." 

"I struggled to catch her when she was in her home turf, and now I can return the favor," the Scot spoke, "let me grab my skates." The Englishman sighed as he watched the Scotsman leave the room, and then he turned to the Eternal, "If you want help, ask RE." 

M:   Esha smiled nervously at England's words, she was getting more nervous by the second, especially when she saw what she would be wearing, how was she supposed to balance on a thin blade on ice? 

She was thankful that the rest of the eternals, minus Askad, and the Mandorians would be joining them, hopefully, they would protect her from Scoty. 

"Are you sure this is a good idea," she asked Ivor as she scrutinized the skates she was given, "I feel like I'll break something if I put these on."

N:   "Those skates are surprisingly resilient," Ivor informed as he glanced at his skates before putting them into a bag, "and you can balance pretty well when you wear them on solid ground. Balancing on the ice is the difficult part." 

Some of the Brits decided to come along too, as we all the Saxons, so a decently sized group slowly made their way to the lake. When they arrived, people began to put on their skates, some more confidently than others. 

Scotland was the first to get ready, gradually making his way to the ice before tentatively stepping onto it. Once he got his bearings, he was quickly off, skating as fast as he could further into the lake before looping around, cheering as the fresh air hit his face.