Chapter 81

N:   Meanwhile, as they left the infirmary, BE and FE quickly fell into an argument.

"Why didn't you tell me about this Prudoria," FE asked, crossing her arms in disappointment, "what are you going to do next, bring Prussia over so they could have a little family reunion?"

"Prudoria is within my jurisdiction," BE grumbled, "hence, I am neither obliged nor do I care if I tell you. He's mine to deal with and none of your damn business."

"Sérieusement (seriously)," the Frenchwoman rolled her eyes, "you're going to pull that one again? Don't you think about my relations with the feathered brain right now, how he's treated my people?"

"I don't care about your population," the Brit answered, walking right up to her, "because theirs always want to fight mine."

"Well it makes sense, since even your own colony is rebelling against you-"

"Don't you dare speak about the stupid Americans," the Brit barked, causing FE to flinch a bit from how close he was, "they don't know their place. Then you have the audacity to go against me."

"I have done so multiple times," she answered boldly, squaring her shoulders so she was a bit taller, "but this time you're going against my son, our son, and not care about what he thinks. Do you even feel about what you're doing to him?"

"OF COURSE I DO! BUT IF HE DOESN'T KNOW HIS PLACE, HE WILL FUCKING LEARN IT."

The empire suddenly became aware of his son's presence, the Canadian leaning against the windowsill as he stared at his father, a mixture of sadness and disappointment.

"Ne parle pas à ma mère comme ça (don't talk to my mother like that)," was all he said in a calm tone.

BE glanced between FE and Canada, and seeing that the two have a strong bond annoyed him, so he just turned around and left, not saying a single word.

"Merci mon fils (thank you my son)," FE muttered as she faced him, "at least you see what kind of person your father is. Now, let's see what else this place has in store for you."

As she walked away, Canada didn't bother to follow, not particularly wanting to be with his mother after the argument he witnessed. When the Frenchwoman was out of sight, he went back to looking out of the window, seeing as the snowflakes fell through the sky.

"How the hell did they even get married," he whispered to himself as he admired the view.

M:   "My guess is that they were intoxicated and got hanky panky with each other," someone suddenly said, when Canada looked around he didn't see anyone, until a small pebble hit on the head, alerting him of a tiny dragon Esha sitting on top of the curtain rod, "considering the fact that I hear that's exactly how you're father happened, seemed to run in the family."

Esha let herself hang upside down from her tail so she was eye to eye with Canada, "by the way, sorry about earlier, it wasn't very nice of me to greet you and your family like that. I'm a wild-born eternal, you greet me with hostility and I will return it, but that wasn't fair to you. My name is Esha, what's yours?"

N:   "Canada," the Canadian nodded as he smiled a bit, "and don't worry, it's kind of expected at this point and I'm used to it. Mom and Dad fighting and America being...well, America, it's just how life is at the moment."

The country looked past her, zoning out as he continued, "Non, when I say that I wonder how they even got married, it's more than that. There is resentment between their families in every generation, and it must be some miracle of some sort that they even got together. It's not fair that my brother and I got dumped in the middle of it."