Chapter 53

N:   Royal waved goodbye and the moment they stepped outside she whispered, "You need to tell me how the hell Uskaine allowed people to mount him."

Before Neflen could answer, the pair watched as Alaric ran right past them, worry written all over his face, "well I guess he knows what happened," Royal commented before they made their way toward the infirmary.

In the infirmary, one of the nurses was disinfecting Wolfgang's wound, while another gave Johann gave him a blanket as the cold began to set in the room the late autumn weather. Soon Alaric rushed into the room, and beelined towards his son, "Was passiert ist (what happened)?"

"It's fine," Wolfgang reassured him, although he winced a bit when the nurse touched one of the bite marks.

The father held and shook his head, "what have you gotten yourself into?"

M:   "He tried to defend his friends, and held his own quite well," Neflen said when he and Royal came in, "one of the entitled, bratty cadets took our rodeo a bit too far and started trying to break Uskaine, if it weren't for the boy's mastiff Wolfe probably would have been fine."

He turned to Royal to answer her previous question, "It was Uskaine's idea actually, I don't know what caused it, but we first had to get him saddle trained and that was pretty hilarious to watch."

N:   "An Eternal, who has lived for millions of years, getting saddle trained," Royal laughed, "I wished that I could have seen that."

When Alaric heard what Wolfgang did, he turned to him and asked, "Did you give him what he deserved?"

"Ja," Wolfgang smirked, getting an eye roll from Erna.

M:   Neflen laughed at that and pat Wolfgang's shoulder, "Sure did, the soldier was vicious, I'm pretty sure that Alastair punk lost a couple of teeth when he punched him."

"You all are a terrible influence on children," a voice chuckled, Mandoria and Rowen coming in soon after, "we heard what happened and came to make sure our son was ok."

N:   "I'm fine," Johann piped up, huddling in his blanket, "don't worry about me, but this guy got mauled by a dog so you should be asking him."

"Ja, and what about your hands," Wolfgang asked, so Johann looked down at his red hands and shrugged.

"I'm fine. It's worth it if I was close to beating Alastair."

M:   Mandoria and Rowen exchanged glances, they sat down on either side of their son and hugged him tightly to warm him up, Mandoria's wings wrapped around them like a feathery quilt.

"Aww, you three are so adorable together," Neflen cooed, "Alaric, why can't you and Wolfgang be that cute?"

N:   The two Saxons just glanced over to each other and then simultaneously answered, "Nien," getting a small chuckle from Erna.

"Come on, Mr. Schwartz," she smiled, patting the place next to Wolfgang, "what's the harm?"

Alaric narrowed his eyes, "I think the decision is unanimous, isn't that right Wolfe?"

"Ja," the Saxon nodded, glanced over to the nurse who began to bandage up his arm, "I will like to take up the whole bed, danke."

M:   "Yeah well, at least your relationship isn't as dysfunctional as the British," Esha suddenly appeared, "I swear to god they make me want to punch something when I see them interact together."