Parasitica

A/N: Hehe, happy spooky month.

Maria was meditating in the dojo when her ears picked up on the ShellRazer pulling into the lair. The jaguar got up and went to meet with the boys, but she stopped when she saw her boyfriend, Leo, carrying an egg. 

"What's with the egg, Captain?" 

"We found it in a Kraang lab." Leo smiled at Maria; it seemed like his eyes were more affectionate than normal as he looked at her. 

Raph wasn't happy with having the egg here. "I got a really bad feeling about keeping that thing in the lair." 

Leo tried to reason with his hot-headed brother. "Rapheal, think what we could learn from it." 

"You know what's in wasp eggs, right?" Raph was more worked up than when he sees a roach. "Here's a hint: Wasps!" 

Mikey didn't get the sarcasm. "That's not a hint, dude. You gave it away." 

Maria raised a brow at the egg, only noticing now that Leo was holding it as if he was carrying a baby. "Let's set it in the lab and see what we can dig up." 

The turtles listened to her; Raph had to sacrifice his bean bag as a temporary nest for the bean shaped egg. And Donnie stood close as he examined it. 

"Fascinating." Donnie pulled out a scalpel to cut open the egg, but Leo didn't seem to like this. "Stop! What are you doing?!" 

Donnie answered the question, as the leader's hand twitched. "Dissecting it." 

Leo pulled Donnie away from the egg a little too roughly for Maria's taste. "Absolutely not! This is the only egg we have. We need to learn how it develops." 

Maria looked to see Leo's hand twitching, and then her gaze followed up to his arm. There was a nasty looking sting there. She's seen something like this before, but where?

"Well, I guess I'll just keep staring at it." Donnie seemed nervous with how his older brother was acting. 

"Good idea." Leo pointed to where Raph and Mikey were standing. "From over there." 

Donnie stepped back and Leo gave him a deadly glare, cold enough to freeze a polar bear. So, Donnie stood with Raph and Mikey and Leo sat down and stared at the egg. 

"Well, I think I will do something in the other room. Raph, Mikey, Maria, care to join me?" 

Mikey didn't seem to catch on. "Not unless you get more specific." He was dragged out by Donnie and as they left the room Maria gave one last glance at Leo. 

"Okay, so Leo's acting real weird." Maria crossed her arms. 

Raph agreed. "Yeah, it's like he's obsessed with that egg." 

"Let's ask Splinter what to do." Maria shook her head at Mikey. "We can't. He took April and Emily out for some training." 

"Okay, look. We gotta destroy that egg before it hatches." Raph was right. 

"Agreed, but he won't let any of us near it." Donnie, Mikey, and Raph then looked to Maria, having an idea. "Hehe, no." 

"Come on, you're his girlfriend. Just try something." Raph pushed Maria towards the lab, and she pointed to the red clad turtle. "You guys owe me, big time."  

Maria entered the lab and slowly approached Leo, not knowing what to do. Until she looked to his arm. "Captain? I saw your arm; it looks pretty bad." 

Leo seemed to have heard her as she kept her quiet and slow pace, to show she isn't a threat. He turned his head enough to show he was listening, but not enough for Maria to see his eyes.