ch 21 world came crashing down

"y/n sweetie, can you wake up Yeonjun?" The elderly asked, giving y/n a soft smile before fixating her eyes on the newspaper in her hands again.

"Sure mom." Y/n got up from the sofa and made her way upstairs to yeonjuns room, or should I say, their room.

A smile played on her lips. Memories from the wedding day replaying in her head. How softly he placed his lips on hers. How their lips fit together perfectly like two lost puzzle pieces. How he pulled her figure close to his. How his strong arms felt on her waist.

A light pink tinted her cheeks as she tried her best to contain her smile.

Her life feels put together now. Things are going smoothly. Her heart doesn't feel empty now. Flowers started to bloom in her life. The butterflies no longer have broken wings. The world doesn't seem that bad now.

But it won't be like that forever.

Y/n opened the door to her and yeonjuns room. Her heart dropped. It felt as if her world came crashing down. Her heart beat fastened and her body went cold.

She ran up to her husband, yeonjun who was laying on the cold tiles, unconscious. She laid his head on her lap and lightly tapped his cheeks, hoping he would wake up.  Her eyes then caught the empty bottle of depression medicines on the side table.

Her brain wasn't able to process everything. She froze for a second before she bursted out crying.

Her husband tried to take his own life

Tears streamed down her face as she looked at yeonjuns unconscious body. Y/n took her husband's face in the palm of her shaky hands.

"Yeonjun. Yeonjun." Y/n managed to call out his name several times.

"Open your eyes." Her voice came out as a whisper.

Y/n didn't know what to do.

"Mom!!" Y/n shouted, gulping down her sobs.

Mrs.Choi heard her daughter-in-law's voice and ran upstairs. The site she saw made her weak. The elderlys breathing became uneven. She ran up to her son's lifeless body and took it in her hands.

"Jun! Jun.. answer me? It's me.. your mom. Answer me." Tears welled up the elderlys eyes.

Mrs.choi looked at y/n. Her eyes swirling with regret and guilt.

"What happened?" The elderly managed to mutter.

Unable to form words, Y/n looked towards the empty medicine bottle. The elderly followed her gaze.

Her son tried to take away his life again....