Chapter Ten: Smoke in the Air.

"I want Diana to spend more time with them before they come bustling in her to save me." Citrine hung over the bed her hair brushing the ground, she shot up looking to Liliana, "Is the orphanage still by the docks? Or no the healers, sick kids and adults much bigger much larger of an impact." She mouthed "boom" making her hands bloom. "A good distraction, we will need a face for it of course." She eyed Liliana. 

"I have no wanting to blow up any children, Astarion's pain, torture, and soon death is enough for me." Citrine pouted crossing her arms across her chest. She crawled across the bed looking up to Liliana who was perched in the doorway. "No. Get one of your disciples to." 

"You're absolutely zero fun, you know that?" She rolled back onto her back, "Fine go give some orders to kill blow Harborside Hospital to the ground, leave a few survivors. No healers. Oh and Liliana, make sure Badlur's Gate does not doubt that this was in service to Bhaal. Pick a few worthless to sacrifice themselves, I want them captured and questioned, lead them on a false trail, do let them know how thankful my father will be for their sacrifice." 

"Don't you think you should-"

"Do not question me Liliana, it upsets me." Citrine's voice was a growl. "My daughter needs plenty of time to make the others warm up to her. Gortash had a safe house outside of the city, a small dungeon beneath it I think that would make for a perfect place where I'm believed to be." 

*****************************************************************************************

Harborside Hospital laid in burning ruins, thick black smoke from the fire still burned within it, crowds of people pulling others from the rubble, a thick wash of blood laid the symbol of Bhaal at the hospital's entryway. The group took no time to breathe covering their faces attempting to save whomever they could. Astarion's eyes grew dark when realizing each healer's throat was slit that he came across, the smoke billowed in his eyes blocking his vision. The sound of Aelius' scream "Jerico!" made him spring looking for his son in the smoke and rubble. 

Aelius stood a short sword in hand pointed at a half-elf who wielded a mace "In Bhaal's name." his thick raven hair was covered in blood that dripped down his angular face as was the dagger that hung at his hip. "Your mother is a false leader, these deaths will help bring the true chosen. Come quietly and perhaps Orin will spare you when she rises." Astarion met eyes to his son, his eyes pleaded for him not to acknowledge him. 

"And what of my mother?" 

"Her death will be sweet, Aelius come-" the man choked as Astarion held his throat between the crook of his arm, the man fought, flailing, swinging at the air around him. His face turned red, he fought for the thick smokey air to fill his lungs. 

Astarion ushered for his son to leave as he dragged the man out of the fire-burdened building, he called to the others to leave as he bound and gagged the half-elf. He took the short sword from his son's hands and bashed the half-elf's head with the blunt side. "Aelius make sure the others get out, tell Wyll I'm taking this bastard to the safe house."