The Promise

*Warning* This chapter contains depictions of abuse. Reader discretion is advised.   

The next morning I woke up to someone screaming. I jumped out of bed and threw some clothes on, tripping as I hurried up the stairs. Luckily I was able to catch myself before I got hurt.

I followed the screams to the kitchen and gasped in horror. There were bugs crawling on the counters and floor, maggots were eating all of the birthday food that we spent the week preparing.

  Someone had snuck in the kitchen last night and scattered it all over the kitchen. I raised my hand over my mouth. 

"You did this!" Grace screamed when she noticed me standing there. 

"No ma'am." I said. 

"You've always been jealous of Sophia!" she screamed as she slapped me hard across the face.

"You ungrateful, selfish little bitch!" she growled. 

"But, I didn't." I cried, clutching my cheek as she grabbed me by my hair, dragging me back to the basement.

 "You're a liar!" she snapped, opening the basement door and shoving me through. 

I fell down the stairs hitting my head on the railing as I fell. I heard another set of footsteps rushing down the stairs and suddenly I was being dragged across the floor by my hair again. Robert threw me in a corner and raised my hands above my head.  

"No, please." I sobbed, as he tied a rope around them and secured it to a pipe in the wall. 

"We bring you into our home and this is how you repay us!" He snapped. 

"When are you gonna learn?" He screamed at me.

"Please I'm sorry." I cried as I heard him tell Grace to get the strap.

I looked toward the top of the stairs to see Sophia smirking at me.

 I pulled my knees up into my chest as best as I could, screaming as he hit me over and over again until I finally passed out. 

"Lily." I heard my mother call. "Wake up my flower." I blinked opened my eyes as a shadow moved across the room. I held my breath as the shadow got closer and closer until it stepped into the beam of light coming from the window.

 "William?" I blinked. 

He kneeled down in front of me and pressed something cold and sharp against my neck. 

"Scream and I'll kill you." he said coldly. 

"W-what are you doing?" My voice trembled, as he ran a hand up my thigh. 

But he didn't say a word. Instead he leaned in and pressed his lips against my neck. 

"No." I whimpered, trying to wiggle my body away from him. 

"Shut up!" he demanded, pressing the sharp object to my stomach this time. "

"No one can hear you. I could stab you to death right now and no one would even know it?" He threatened. 

I looked up at him. 

"Then do it." I dared him. 

"What did you say?" 

"I said do it. Dying has to be better than living life like this." I said, tears forming in my eyes. 

"I'll do it alright, but I'm gonna have my way with you first." He said coldly, ripping the front of my shirt open and putting his lips to my chest. 

"William, no." I cried, "Stop." 

He put a hand over my mouth and raised the bottom of my skirt with the tip of the knife as I whimpered. Suddenly he stopped.