Rude Awakening

Lily's Pov

I woke up to the sun beaming in through the curtains. Last night had been rough. I hadn't been able to get much sleep.

I remember crying in Mason's arms on the floor until he suggested we go to a hotel. He's such a good friend. Is that what he is, just a friend?

I used to think there could be more between us one day, but now I'm not sure what's going to happen. Mason had already risked so much to keep me safe.

I hated putting him in this situation. I felt so guilty. He was always looking out for me, there had to be something I could do for him for a change.

I looked over at him sleeping soundly on the other bed. He looked so handsome laying there, so peaceful. I smiled as an idea crossed my mind.

I jumped up and grabbed my shoes. I was going to head to the lobby and bring back some breakfast. I slipped my shoes on and checked to make sure he was still asleep.

When I was sure he was still out, I quietly opened the door and slipped out into the hallway. I smiled as I thought about how happy he was going to be to wake up to breakfast.

As I rounded the corner I could smell the aroma of the waffles. My stomach growled and my mouth watered as I waited in line to get my food.

I froze when I heard the familiar voice coming from behind me.

"Don't make a sound or your precious Mason is dead." William said.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I scanned the room to see if anyone had any clue as to what was happening. They didn't.

"Turn around and walk towards the exit." William commanded.

I swallowed hard contemplating my next move. If I do as he says, he would probably kill me. But if I didn't then he would probably kill Mason. I couldn't let that happen. I had to protect him.

I slowly turned around and walked toward the exit as tears filled my eyes.

"That's a good girl." William sneered.

I made eye contact with the clerk behind the desk as I passed by. I wanted to scream but I knew that was probably a bad idea.

As soon as we were out of sight from everyone William grabbed me by the arm, digging his fingernails into my skin.

"Ah." I cried in pain. "You're hurting me."

"Hah, that's nothing compared to what I'm going to do to you." He seethed.

"I told you what would happen if you ever tried to leave."

"William, please let me go." I begged. "It doesn't have to be this way."

"But it does Lily." He said as he led me to the parking garage of the hotel.

"You don't want to be my wife, fine! But I'm gonna get my money some how and your gonna help me get it!"

"Where are we going?" I stamered.

"You'll see." He said, his voice cold as we we further into the garage.

Just ahead was a man leaning against a white van. He pushed off the van and walked toward us as we approached.

"Here she is, as promised." William smiled.

The man made a circle around me, eying me like I was something to eat.

"It's good to see you didn't disappoint William." He smiled, stopping in front of me.

I flinched as he grabbed a strand of my hair and sniffed it.

"Mmmmm" he moaned as he inhaled.

"Alright Stan, where's my money?" William asked.

"Calm down, the money's right here." Stan said, walking back over to the van.

The blood drained from my face as I realized what was happening.

"Don't do this." I begged, looking up at William. But he just stood there stoned faced ignoring my pleas.

Stan walked around the back of the van and pulled out two big black duffel bags and threw them at Williams feet.

"It's all there, you can count it if you want but make it quick. I have clients that want to see this pretty little thing." He said.

William shove me toward Stan as he unzipped the bags. I fought as Stan pushed me toward the back of the van.

"No, stop, let me go!" I cried.

"If you want to keep your hands, you'll take them off of her right now!" A loud voice broke through my cries.

I turned to see Mason, Kent and Joeson standing there, guns drawn on Stan and William.

"Mason, come to see Lily off?" William sneered.

"Let her go, and I'll kill you quickly." Mason said.

"Not a chance." William grinned.

Mason looked at Stan.

"Your call? Let her go and I might let you live."

Stan stood there for a moment. Contemplating what to do.

"I'm running out of patience man." Mason said angrily.

Stan sighed and let go of me.

I ran as fast as I could to Mason and he wrapped me in a hug.

"Are you ok, you're not hurt are you?" He said looking me over.

"I'm fine." I stamered.

Mason nodded and pushed me behind him. His eyes were on Stan moments later.

He drew his gun, aiming it right at Stan.

"You said you would let me live." He said.

"I said I might let you live." Mason said. "Close your eyes Lily."

I squeezed my eyes shut as tight as I could as I heard the loud bang from Masons gun.

Mason looked at Joeson who was standing closest to William and nodded.

Joeson smiled as he walked up to Willam and put the gun to his head.

"Come on man, we can make a deal. I'll split the money with you." William said.

Joeson held him there as Mason walked over to him.

"So you're just gonna kill me now? Over some bitch?"

"Nah, I've got bigger plans for you." Mason smiled before knocking him out.

He looked over at Joeson and Kent

"Clean this up." He said.

"I've got a take Lily to meet her dad." He said.

I sucked in a breath as Mason walked back over to me.

"I have a dad?" I asked, tears filling my eyes.

"The results came back about an hour ago."

I stood there, not knowing what to do.

"Come on, he's waiting for you." Mason said, holding out his hand.