7

Jake takes off his cap and puts it on backwards while watching his team be all competitive. Telling them that Jake was completely ass at basketball wasn't going to be something that would help.

God, why was he even playing basketball with some random people who are scary as fuck. One guy looked like he was twice his height, one guy had black hair that was covering almost all of face, some other guy was giving about everyone glares, are they even all friends?

Everyone else was no better than those three. Jake did not fit there considering his grandma was better at basketball than him.. He was always more of a football person. On top of all this Jake's height didn't do him any good, every single person was towering over him.

He lets out a deep sigh as he bit his lip. Heeseung noticed him and tried hard not to burst out laughing. "Try not to embarrass yourself too much." Heeseung says with a smug face. He was looking straight down on purpose, exaggerating how short Jake is— although he was only a few centimeters taller.

Jake gets on his tippy-toes and brings his face inches closer to Heeseung's. The older had an amused face, but for some weird reason Heeseung felt his cheeks slightly turn red.

Jake furrows his eyes before flicking Heeseung's forehead. He blinked once, then twice. His lips suddenly curve into a wide grin. "Woah, my heart definitely skipped a beat!" Heeseung exclaims, holding his chest.

The shorter rolls his eyes at him before walking back to his team. Heeseung's smile stayed on his face as he watched Jake away, another person on his team noticed him and tilted their head in confusion.

But they were quick to shrug it off. "The game is going to start guys, get into your positions." Jake gulps, he doesn't even know the positions. The nervous boy simply just stands somewhere behind his teamates.

One of the guys on Jakes team becomes a substitute for the referee and throws the ball high. Surprisingly, Heeseung caught the ball instead of the giant, who Jake exaggerated was about 6'8.

To this point, Jake had absolutely no idea what was going on. He simply kept his eyes on the ball. At the moment Heeseung's team still had the ball. In just a blink, one of the guys shot the ball landing inside the hoop.

Jake stays confused till one of his teammates calls out to him. "Hey shorty! Make sure to try!" Busted.

He watches the game silently waiting for his team to get the ball. Now he has to participate or god knows what's going to happen.. Right then, someone from his team gets the ball and dribbles it close to where Jake is.

Jake soon realizes he's the only one open, even so he didn't want the ball in his hands. He looked behind to see if there was anyone else open, the person on his team then threw it to him while Jake was looking around.

The ball hit Jake right in the face making him land on the ground. "Ouch.." Jake groans as he starts to feel dizzy. The first person who came running towards Jake before anyone could even process what was going on was Heeseung.

"Jake! Are you alright? Does it hurt bad? Do you need ice?" Hell, Jake couldn't even hear a single word coming out of Heeseungs mouth, he was speaking way too fast. "I'm fine.." Jake tried getting up but ended up feeling even more dizzy.

"You clearly aren't." Heeseung frowned. "Where does it hurt?" He held Jake's chin and moved it to the left, then right. Jake stepped away, starting to feel his stomach tingle, as his face was burning red. Maybe he's sick.. He surely wasn't feeling okay at all.

Heeseung tilted his head in confusion. "Are you not feeling well? Lets just go get some water for you." Jake simply nodded, trying his best to act nonchalant.

+++

"There were girls watching us play?!" Jake asked for the third time now. Getting hit on the face because of some basketball in front of some pretty girls was the last thing he wanted happening right now.

"Yep." Heeseung responded while taking a sip of water. The younger glared at him for acting so calm. Ending up letting out a small pout without knowing. "I lost all my chances.." Jake groaned while covering his face.

Heeseung smiled as he nudged Jake. "You had no chances since I was there." He said with a wide grin. Jake didn't respond, instead he stared at Heeseung. Something about his smile sure was captivating, was it always like this?

Thankfully, Heeseung didn't seem to notice him. "Did you come to help me, only to look good?" Jake asked snapping out of it. The two stayed silent before Heeseung averted his gaze to Jake with an unreadable face.

"Yeah." Wow. The upset boy furrowed his brows before looking away and moving away from the other. Heeseung's smile grew larger, he wrapped his arms around Jake pulling him closer again.

"Obviously not." Instead of his face looking more teasing, it became softer. "You're my best friend aren't you?" They sat in a comfortable silence for awhile till one spoke. "And don't get hurt again, this could've been a lot worse."

Jake felt his stomach flutter again, god, he wished it'd stop doing that. He slowly nodded at Heeseung's words after letting out a small sigh. Once again, neither of them spoke leaving just the silence.

"What's up with them?" One of the guys who were playing basketball asked another. "I don't know, probably some gay shit."

+++

I appreciate all your comments sm!