12

+++

Both boys sat on a chair desperately waiting for detention to end. Jake was certainly not known as someone who's casually staying in detention, in fact, he's staying in detention longer than the rest because of a certain person with him. 

The calm and nonchalant guy, Heeseung, on the other hand sighed. They've been sitting in silence for long minutes that drip by like the rain they hear outside. Well, not exactly until Jake had continued to nag about the reason they were here for about 20 minutes. 

The silence in the room is thick, almost tangible, and the echo of Jake's earlier nagging still whispers through Heeseung's mind. God, Heeseung was probably going to hear his words in his sleep. The taller glances at the sulky figure beside him. Instead of continuing to sit in silence, 

Heeseung clears his throat, a soft prelude to speech, and turns his body to face Jake more directly. His eyes are sincere, his posture open and receptive, a silent cue that he's ready to bridge the quiet between them.

"Hey, it's not like this is your firs—" Heeseung quite immediately gets interrupted by the sulky and pouty boy sinking into his chair. "Hush." Jake says sternly, Heeseung pursues his lips together into a straight line. He moves his chair a bit closer to Jake's. 

"C'mon Jake, lighten up, man.." Heeseung says with a nervous smile, fluttering his eyelashes. "Let's not forget why we're staying in detention right now." Jake mutters cold while looking anywhere but at the older.

 Heeseung's smile drops almost instantly and is replaced with a frown and small pout. "Well if you want to sit here moping around, while mad at me like.. Like some baby! Then do that. Heeseung leans back in his chair, arms crossed. "Fine, I will!" Jake huffs. "Fine!" After Heeseung huffs out that simple word, the brunette groans. "Sorry." He mutters under his breath, just a little loud enough for Heeseung to at least hear.

Heeseung's arms stay crossed. "What was that?" He asks, resulting in Jake to glare at him. There's a satisfied grin on Heeseung's face as he nudges Jake. 

Jake's gaze seemed to linger on Heeseung's grin a moment too long, as the sounds of the rain in the background, like the background music of a show, quiet down. 

Heeseung faces Jake with a far more warmer smile, he can still notice Jake slightly sulking, unable to let go of earlier. "Time is certainly not going to pass sitting in here with no sounds other than that rain.." Heeseung pauses for a moment. "In other words, I'm gonna get sick of continuing to hear that. So let's talk about anything. Just us two, in this room which I know sucks."

 He waits, giving Jake the space to fill the silence with whatever thoughts have been brewing behind his pout. Whether it's a lecture, a rambling of ideas, or a simple conversation, Heeseung is ready to listen. In the stillness of detention, against all his instincts to tease and provoke.

Jake feels an unbelievable amount of butterflies in his stomach, it was getting way more harder to ignore whenever he was around Heeseung. This small crush really wasn't going away anytime soon. If it wasn't for Heeseungs obliviousness, he'd notice the way Jake's expression softened and face flushed red. 

But it isn't quite Heeseung if he isn't oblivious. "I don't even know what to talk about." Jake mumbles, Heeseung simply shrugs. 

"Alright then, we can play a game. Hey, we could play a story-telling game, just not horror stories though.. Oh wait, isn't that a bit boring? Well, you know.. Uh.. Oh! We could take turns and make a whole story. Like, you can say the first few sentences and then I can add on, and then it'll be your turn to add on. And then we'll have a whole interesting sto—"

Heeseung stops rambling when he feels a warm head resting on his shoulders. You could say he was just caught off guard, but that wouldnt change the fact his cheeks started to turn into a bright color of red.

 Maybe Heeseung was just talking too much, or maybe Jake was just tired.

 Either way, Heeseung doesn't mind, nor is complaining. He lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding, letting his head rest ever so lightly against the top of Jake's. careful not to wake the boy who's peacefully fast asleep. And so, Heeseung sits, present in the moment, content with the unexpected turn of events as the minutes of detention tick by.

+++

its been quite some time, hasn't it? ive been quite busy. I also re-wrote chapter 2 (read that while I try to write more), expect more rewriting