18

"What!? What do you mean you're not coming tomorrow?"

It's been a while, and it's finally down to the results of the exams. Jake's been studying well, mainly because of Heeseung.. He never found himself this invested in exam results in his whole life actually.

His mark on this would declare whether he's back in the football team or not, something he's been looking forward to for a long time.  

"Sorry, Jake, I'd come and you know that.. But I can't leave my younger cousin alone, it's only for tomorrow. And, hey, you can come over once schools over and let me know the results, it isn't the same as both of us finding out at the same time but it works." Heeseung says over the phone. 

Jake lets out a huff laying down his bed, he turns, his voice screaming how upset he is now. 

"Fine. I'll come over straight after school." He murmurs toying with his blanket. The latter over the phone sighs. "C'mon, there's no use getting upset about it. I'm really sorry, Jake." Heeseung repeats once again trying to sound more sincere for him. 

"Alright." Jake says flatly. Another sigh is heard from Heeseung. "I'll see you tomorrow, Jake. Bye." Just as Heeseung's about to end the call Jake squeezes in a quick; "Wait" 

There's an obvious confused tone in Heeseung's voice as he stops. 

"Yeah?" 

Jake nibbles on his lip. "I love you.." Jake murmurs quietly. He knows there's probably a wide and smug grin plastered on Heeseung's face right now. 

This stuff is still a bit awkward for Jake, but there's one thing for sure, he likes it when Heeseung is all affectionate.. 

But his cringy nicknames and sorts aren't exactly always something Jake enjoys.

"I love you too, Jake~!" Heeseung coos in that darn voice. 

The younger boy - feeling embarassed - immediately ends the call almost cutting off Heeseung's words. 

Honestly, he doesn't want to be awkward about.. all this. But, his heart is practically fighting out his ribcage when Heeseung acts like that. 

Jake lets out a deep sigh putting his phone away, trying to sleep with his thoughts filled with his charming boyfriend. 

+++

There has never been quite a time where Jake is rushing this bad to school, all for one thing. His hair is a complete mess, his clothes look loose, and gosh he doesn't even know if he's late or not! 

There's a whole crowd by the results and Jake looks for two specific names nervously. Being that focused means he can't even hear the chanting of 'please' in his head. 

Right then, he sees.. 

'Jack' 

Jake lets out a small 'oh' and continues looking for his own name and along with Heeseung's. After another two seconds or so, he finally finds both of their names.. at the bottom of the board, but that doesn't matter since they both still passed! 

A wide smile forms on his face knowing just who's house he's going to go over to right after school. 

As exhausting as the whole day has been, Jake still finds himself knocking on the door of his boyfriend's with hopeful and excited eyes. 

The door opens and before Heeseung can say any words, Jake wraps his arms around his neck with a bright smile.

"Fuck, we both passed?" Heeseung asks with a smile stroking Jake's hair softly. "Last on the board, but yeah!" Jake says with a tone that can't be mistaken for anything other than happiness. 

In an instinctive response, Heeseung's arms wrap around Jake's waist, lifting him smoothly. The feel of Jake's legs securing around his own waist. Jake lets out a small giggle as they remain locked in their embrace, the world beyond their little sphere of existence momentarily forgotten. 

Jake cups Heeseung's face with a smile and caresses his cheek. "You're finally going to back on that football team you've been wanting to go back to for literal months." Heeseung coos. 

The shorter pretends to think before opening his mouth to speak. 

"I probably would've gone straight-up emo if I hadn't spend those months with you." Jake says w a smile, his hand still caressing Heeseung's cheek. 

"Gosh." Heeseung murmurs and leans in to kiss Jake. 

"Yeah and I wouldn't want to spend those months with anyone other than a big whiny football player who's a bit dumb in the head."

the end.