𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖓𝖟𝖊

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

A lady poured some champagne in Klaus's glass as Athena was looking through the clothes.

"There has to be more to this dress." Rebekah called from the changing room.

"There's not." Klaus argued.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then? I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"It's called style Rebekah. It's expressing yourself through clothes."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Klaus said looking bored.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music." Stefan looked up from his phone.

"People dance to this?" He nodded.

"Are we done?" The hybrid rolled his eyes.

"And why are you being such a bitch?" Athena sat down next to him with clothes all over her lap.

Klaus glared his eyes at her then turned to his sister, "I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying. One thing: your necklace. And you lost it."

"I didn't lose it. It's been missing for 90 years." Then she turned to Stefan, "So what do you think?"

Stefan nodded his head, "I like it." She gave him a look, "What? I said I like it."

"I can always tell when you're lying." Rebekah turned and walked into the changing room.

Athena stood up with all the clothes in her hand then she stuck out her other hand to Klaus, "Give me your card."

He gave a look then handed her the card.

She grinned at him then turned to the checkout.

After Stefan left the store, Klaus dragged the two girls to Gloria.

After the witch sat down and started chanting, Stefan walked in.

"You left us." Rebekah complained.

"Yeah, sorry. Retail therapy was making my head explode."

"Tell me about it." Klaus groaned.

"What is she doing?" The vampire asks.

"Failing."

"It's hard to find something without anything to go on." Gloria turned to Athena and motioned her to stand next to her.

The moment Athena held hands with Gloria, the fire on the candles grew and then she was pulled into a trance when the witch started chanting again.

"What are you doing?!"

"Why are you helping them?"

Voices from everywhere started screaming at her.

"You are an abomination child." A firm voice said from behind her.

She turned and came face to face with a very pale woman.

The blond woman dug her nails into her cheeks and started whispering a spell making Athena scream in pain.

Blood started pouring out of her nose, eyes and ears.

"Your mother won't be able to save you from me again." Was the last thing she heard before everything went black.

-

Athena woke up with a gasp.

All of a sudden, a hand came on her throat and was pushed against the wall.

She was face to face with Klaus.

"The hell is wrong with you man? I was almost killed and you're pulling this crap. Get away from me."

"Your doppelganger friend is alive."

"What? Elena's alive? But she died in the sacrifice."

His hand tightened making her choke, "Were you in on this with Stefan?"

She shook her head, "No for fuck's sake."

Rebekah shoved her brother aside and stood between the two of them, "Leave her alone. She's telling the truth."

The blond original turned to Athena and put her hand on her waist to support her.

Before they arrived to the truck, she started throwing up blood on the side of the street.

She put her hand in her jacket to get the vial but she felt broken glass inside.

Athena then stands up and climbs into the passenger seat of the truck.

She turns her head to look at Klaus and says, "If she really is alive, don't kill her."

He laughs humorlessly, "My hybrids are dying because she's alive."

"You're here because of her. Stop being so ungrateful. You have your family by your side. I know damn well Elijah would forgive you. So why do you so badly need an army?"

He stayed silent and gripped the stirring wheel tighter.

"You're scared of something out there. That's why you've been running for centuries. And if the mighty original hybrid is afraid, the army you're building would be useless."

The rest of the ride to Mystic Falls was silent.

-

Klaus did not listen to a word she said.

helloo besties
so this is more of a filler chapter
sorry about that but there's school and my senior year is gonna be busyyyy
and so sorry for the late update
love yall and hope you like this🫶🏼