𝖚𝖓

𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

As Athena walk down the hallway of the school trying to find her cellphone in her backpack, she bump into a tall figure that causes all of her stuff to drop from her hands onto the ground.

"I'm so sorry." The 17 year oldgirl crouched down to pick the books from the floor. She look up to see Elena looking at her. "Elena?" She furrowed her brows. Why is she acting weird?

"Um it's Katherine actually. I'm Elena's twin." She put her hand out and helped Athena to her feet.

"I didn't know that Elena had a twin." She spoke as she put my stuff in her bag. 

She cleared her throat, "Yeah it's complicated."

Suddenly, the bell started ringing. 

"Look I have to get to class I'm sorry." The girl pulls out a piece of paper and writes her phone number on it. "Here if you ever feel lonely just text me."

As soon as Katherine took the paper, she ran to her history class as the vampire watched her retreat.

-

Katherine was hesitant to text the girl. She found out that she was not friends with Elena and the others so she wouldn't be any use to her.

Then why did Katherine find herself at the grill waiting for Athena to arrive?

"Hi Katherine!" Athena comes up to her with her camera hanging down her neck.

Suddenly the teenager pulled Katherine into a hug that left her stunned.

She hasn't been hugged in ages.

"How are you?" Athena sat down in the booth opposite of her. "How are you settling in? If you need help with something, I'm your girl."

Katherine grinned at her, "Well actually there's a masquerade ball I would like to attend and I was hoping if you'll come with me."

"I don't know Kat. My dad is really strict about me going out at night."

Katherine raised her eyebrows and pulled out the jewelry from her pocket. "I'll convince him to let you come with me." She paused. "I got you this by the way."

Athena let out a gasp and looked at Katherine with wide eyes, "You didn't have to Kat!" She took the ring from her and placed it on her ring finger. "It's so beautiful but I didn't get you anything."

The vampire shook her head, "If you attend the masquerade ball with me, I'll call it even."

"Thank you!" 

-

Surprisingly, her father approved of her going to the ball and now she was in her bedroom getting ready.

Athena applied some red lipstick to top of her black dress and her red mask. 

"Bye Dad!" She called out on her down to the front door.

"Take care of yourself sweetie." He kissed her cheek before she left the house.

She looked at the time the minute she settled in her car. She was an hour late, Katherine is going to kill her.

As she parked her car, she saw Katherine covered in blood.

Athena pulls her mask off and runs to her, "Kat! Are you alright?"

The bloodied girl jumped, "I'm Elena, Athena. How do you know Katherine?"

"She's my friend. Do you want me to take you to the hospital? You're covered in blood." Athena looks at the girl with a worried expression.

Elena shook her head, "No thank you. And Athena."

"Yeah?"

"Don't believe anything that Katherine told you. She's dangerous."

"Wait what?" Before Athena could ask any more questions, her world was turned into darkness.

Thank you for reading!!
and this chapter was more of a filler.
I'm so excited for Athena to meet Elijah!!!!!!