𝖉𝖎𝖝-𝖘𝖊𝖕𝖙

.𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠? 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲?

"Damon, where are you taking me?" Athena complained as they continued walking. 

They walk into the grill the moment a girl who was talking to Alaric leaves.

"Who's that?" Damon asks.

"My doctor." Alaric rolls his eyes at Damon then gives Athena a hug. "How have you been? We've been so worried about you."

"Well, I've been dead. But I'm better, I think." She gives him a small smile.

"She's a doctor?" Damon butts in. "Ooo. What's the damage?"

They sit down on the bar stool. "There's no damage." Ric says confused.

"Come on Ric it's a fact of life. A girl that hot, that smart. Damage."

"Well if there wasn't any damage before, now there's definitely some. Let's hope she's wearing an evil eye necklace." Athena says.

Damon punches her in her arm as Ric responds, "Well you know, I've been looking for red flags. Her ex called her a psycho case the other day."

"It doesn't count if it's from the ex." Damon says.

"I wonder what my ex would call me." Alaric questions while looking at the menu.

"Nothing. They're six feet under." Athena mutters not so quietly.

"Well her ex is a medical examiner. He's dead-adjacent." 

Damon's face changes with Alaric's words. "She dated a medical examiner? I don't think he's dead-adjacent, I think he's just dead."

"What?" Athena and Ric exclaims at the same time.

"Murdered. Sheriff's trying to keep a lid on it because he was staked in the chest like a vampire."

Alaric leans over to get closer to Damon and Athena, "Meredith didn't say anything about that."

"Of course she won't. Just like between you and Jenna about Isobel." Athena tells him.

Ric takes a sharp breath at her words. "Who do you think killed him?"

"I don't know. If I was a cop, your sexy doctor lady friend would definitely be a suspect."

While Damon and Alaric continued chatting, Athena stands up, takes the bottle of whiskey and leaves the Grill with Alaric's car keys in hand.

While driving, she finds herself at the cemetery. She parks the car taking the bottle with her.

"Hey dad." Athena stands looking down at her father gravestone.

"I've made some new friends who I think you would absolutely hate." She chuckles then sits down.

Athena takes a swing from the bottle before continuing. "But you would like Rebekah. You would definitely let her stay over and cook her home-made dinner."

She could feel the effects of the alcohol starting to show but she didn't care. She takes another sip.

Athena releases a shaky breath before she started sobbing.

"I'm so sorry daddy. I should've done something. It's all my fault."

She sighs before standing up and going to the car to see a lot of people calling her.

Athena presses on the last person who called her.

"Little witch. Where are you?"

"Why do you care?" Athena takes another sip from the whiskey bottle.