Chapter 16

''Anyway the father is that guy that was your friend's friend.'' She says and I didn't really understand who she was talking about. I have a lot of semi-friends and I do not know most of their friends.

''You know, the one that came with your friend on the trip?'' she says and I instantly know who she is talking about, Chase.

''Oh, Chase!'' I say with realization and surprise.

''Yeah him. I didn't know his name. Anyway Peyt, don't tell anyone about this, please!'' she pleads with me not to tell anyone about her situation.

I quickly get up to hug her. ''We will get through this, Jess! Even if it is just you and me! That is what friends are for, right?'' I say to her with a smile.

''Thank you so much, Peyton! You truly are an amazing friend and the definition of the perfect best friend.'' Jess says and starts to cry. Aww pregnancy hormones.

''I can't wait Jess! Just wait until you find out what it is! We can go shopping for little, tiny clothes. That will be so fun!'' I say to her to get her mood back up. It does and she starts to smile through the tears.

Shockingly I am not mad at Chase for what he did to Jess. She is just as responsible for the pregnancy as he is. What is that one saying? It takes two to tango? Yeah that's it. It will be hard not telling Luke or Brandon about this, but I will not because it is against Jess's wishes.

''Yes. That will be a lot of fun, Peyton. Maybe you will even have a little bun in the oven one day.'' she says winking and I know that Jess is now back to her old self.

''Yeah right! When that happens I will move far, far away from Luke. I wouldn't let that hold him back from his dreams of playing in the NFL.'' I say with a laugh. I am actually half serious about this. If something like that would happen, I would consider moving because I know that is the only way Luke would keep his dream and give up on me, if he had no idea where I was.

''That sounds like a plan, Peyt! If you get regnant before the end of this year we will pack up and move to Baltimore. Okay?'' she says also laughing.

''Yup!'' I say with a laugh. It's not like I would ever get pregnant. Luke always practices safe sex.

-

Luke's football training has stepped it up a notch to get ready for the draft. He now has two weeks until the NFL Combine. I will be there supporting him and cheering him on. Even though I am secretly hurting inside at the thought of him leaving me.

We made such great memories these past couple of months. Luke has taken me on so many amazing dates. Some were even in the football stadium! I guess he gets a special pass since he is one of LSU's stars. Or at least was one of their stars.

Luke and I continu to love each other and say that every day at some point or another and tell each other it at night through text. We do not live together because Luke has to stay on campus and it wasn't worth looking for an apartment since he would be leaving in a few months, less time than the lease.

About three weeks before the draft Luke took me on an amazing retreat out to a cabin to have all by ourselves. He made me dinner which was one of my favorites, mac and cheese. After dinner we started to talk about some really important stuff.

''How are you feeling about the draft getting so close?'' Luke asked me. It was weird because I should be the one asking him about this, not the other way around. I guess you know who is the nervous one now...

''I feel fine I know you will do great and any team will be lucky to have you.'' I say with a smile and rub his shoulder comfortingly.

''Okay good. I don't want you getting stressed or anything!'' Luke says with a worried gaze.