Chapter 17

After I get the ultrasound performed, I had to wait a half an hour to get the results back.  I watched the draft and Luke was picked fifth with the Houston Texans.  Brandon was also picked by the Dallas Cowboys, so at least they will be closer to each other and in the same state.

The doctor finally came back to tell me the results.

''So, your problem is exactly what I thought it was.  You have some round ligament pain due to your uterus stretching.  Peyton, you most likely sprained some of those ligaments.  You also have some uterus pain due to your uterus increasing in size so fast.  A women's uterus can expand more than five hundred times in a pregnancy.  Those are all normal signs, though.''  she says with a smile.  I am confused.

''Why would my uterus be expanding so fast?'' I ask confused.

''Oh.  Because you are pregnant.  Actually with twins.'' she says with a smile.  "Congratulations!''

''In twins the muscles expand faster because their are two babies and not just one.  So their needs to be extra room in there for those babies to survive.  Otherwise they will be squished and uncomfortable.'' The doctor explained further.

Oh my god.  I am pregnant with Luke's children.  Just what I didn't want to happen, happened.  What am I going to do?

''Hey, Peyt!  It will be okay.  And we can still do our plan.  You know?  The one where we move to Miami?'' Jess says when she realizes I am starting to panic.

''Okay.  That is what we have to do.  Move to Miami.'' I say.

In about a hour, the nurse discharges me.  Jess and I go straight to our dorm and start to pack our stuff.  We each have saved up money just from odd jobs we have done around campus in the past. 

Next we go to the campus administrative office to tell them that we are dropping out.  Hopefully, we will be back and they said we can come back and complete the year by just taking a test or two if we ever decide to.  I just want to make sure we basically fall off of the planet before Luke or anyone notices.  I don't want anybody to know where we are, once we leave.

Finally, we are on our merry way and buy two one-way bus tickets to Miami at the bus station.  We sit on the bus and within ten minutes are on our way.  We hit Miami in a little under fourteen hours.  Luckily, we brought food.

When we get there, we find a resort that offers the workers a place to stay, The Oceanic.  The owner is a fairly young man around thirty.  Jess takes a liking to him instantly.  We are maids that also work the front desk.  The resort is a very modern and hip place with three pools, one indoor and two outdoor.  The resort is fifty floors high and has been known to host some of the biggest names.  Supposedly Kourtney Kardashian is staying here now.

The first day is very hectic and crazy, which is expected in a five star resort!  I just cannot believe we actually got the job.  This is like a dream come true and a step in the right direction, after what happened two nights ago.

I wonder what Luke is doing right at this moment.  Is he thinking about me?  Looking for me?  Or does he just not care?

The last one makes me upset.  I really have no right to be upset, though.  I was the one to leave the state and move without telling anyone what I am doing or where I am going.  

Jess and I also switched our numbers, so we couldn't be tracked.  Jess is due any day now and I can't wait for one of us to have a little one running around.  There is a great day-care center for the workers and the people that are staying at the resort.  The best part is, it's free!  Jess or I may even be switched and get to run the day-care center.