Chapter 10

I see the shocked and sad looks on everyone's faces.  Luke looks so defeated and just like he lost his cat or something and I kind of feel bad for what I said, but they completely tricked me before too! 

        "I see.  I understand that.  I guess I'll just get a hotel tonight then."  Luke says sadly. 

        ''Nonsense, Luke,  you can stay in the guest bedroom.'' My mother says to him.  She is looking at me like she can't believe what I said.  Whatever you made me believe that Dad was having a heart attacl.

        "Haha!  Of course I'll say yes!''  I say jumping into Luke's shocked arms.  ''Just remember that when you play me, I will play you back even harder.'' I say laughing and Luke starts to smile too.

        "That's my girl!"  my Dad says. ''You and me still got it!'' 

        Soon it was time for bed and it's kind of awkward.  I've known Luke for a month now, but we just became boyfriend/girlfriend literally this morning.  I think my parents (dad) won't want us sleeping in the same bed.  My mom couldn't care less.  She told me and Luke to start doing it soon, so she could have grandbabies!  Everyone was so shocked, and Luke started choking on his corn.  I had to pound him on the back a few times!  My dad was furious and came over to move Luke's chair the farthest distant away from me.... next to him.  That was the most awkward dinner ever.

        "I will sleep in your guest room, Peyton.  If you need anything just yell.''  Luke said to me walking into our guest room.

        "That's it.  You are absolutely sleeping in the guest room for the entire stay!'' said my dad.  ''And when my daughter is home I protect her.  No one else!'' my dad yelled at Luke's retreating back.

        ''Still upset about what mom said, Dad?''  I asked him.  ''hghm''  he grunted before he stomped into his room.

        Halfway through the night I can barely sleep.  This is really weird since we have only been dating for like less than a day and he is in the room across from me, but I miss Luke.  I really want to just cuddle with him.

        I hear a noise coming from the hallway.  What the...?  Grabbing the extra piece of wood I ALWAYS have under my bead, I creep towards the door. 

        Slowly my door starts to creep open and I hide behind the wall next to it.  The intruder comes into my room and without seeing who it is, I hit them in the balls with my piece of wood! 

        The person yelps and then covers their mouth falling to the ground.  Now I can see the perdson clearly and I realise it was Luke all along!  Oh God!  I'm such an idiot!  I rush to his side to help him, even though I have no idea what to do in these situations.

        "Luke, I'm so sorry!'' I exclaim.  ''Are you okay?  Do you have to go to the hospital?''

        "I think I will make it.'' he says pained.  ''Can you lay with me?'' he asks after lifting himself onto the bed.

        "Sure Luke.'' I say pulling up the covers and slipping in.  Luke grabs my waist and pulls me to his chest wrapping his legs around my waist almost in a spooning position.

        I've never slept better in my life.  Luke's arm is still around my waist and I just feel so secure and safe.  It is now that I realise I'm in love with him. 

        I get up out of bed trying to be careful to not wake up Luke.  It of course doesn't work and he pulls me back down so we are spooning again. 

        ''We have to get up sometime, you know.''  I say to him.  ''I know.  I just really want to spend this time with you before your dad kills me for sleeping next to his daughter.  Can we please stay at the hotel tonight?  Please?'' Luke is now begging me.  I never though I would see the day.  He is right though.  My Dad is going to kill him for sleeping next to him, even if what we did is so G rated that The Little Mermaid has more action in it. 

        ''Fine!  We can sleep in a hotel tonight, but we have to send my dad a picture of us next to two beds in the room.''  I tell him, thinking it will make him change his mind.

        ''We don't have to use both, you know.''  he whispers into my ear huskily and smirks evily.  My jaw drops.  What the?  He is acting so dirty brained!  We spend one night in the same bed and don't even do anything and he acts like this!  Picture what he would do if we actually did it!

        "I'm out of here!'' I scream, walking out of the room and downstairs.  I meet one of my brother's friends in the living room.

        "Hey Max!  What are you still doing here?''  I ask him.  He was at our dinner last night and I had no idea he stayed over. 

        "Peyt, I have to tell you something important,'' he says.  He looks really serious to be honest.  Something must be up.  He wasn't really talking last night either.  Looking back at it, none of the guys were talking much last night besides my Dad and Luke. ''I don't think Luke is a good match for you.'' he says honestly.  What?  How can they say that?

        ''Max, why would you say that?  Who cares anyway?  I never had a boyfriend or anyone chasing me anyway, so I think it's fine what I am doing.''  I say back genuinly hurt by what he said.

        ''That's what you think Peyton?  I have been in love with you for the past 4 years of your life and I just never had the nerve to tell you!  Then you go away to college hours away and meet some guy who probably had more concussions then local hospital ever seen.'' he rants angrily.  ''You are too good for him, Peyt.''

        "Thanks for your imput, but this is between me and Peyton.''  Luke says walking down the stairs.  He then walks up to Max and punches him.  Knocking him out at once.

---------------------------------------

I understand some people might think it's a little early for peyon to know she loves him, but who cares. This story will be going slightly fast at times and slow at others.

Also,  I am going to dedicate the next chapter to the first person who comments on this story!  Please comment anything!  It doesn't even have to be realated to the story!  Thanks again everyone and maybe you will get a new chap before sunday...

madin49