seven.

Fatima: excuse me? it was all dad? what was all dad?

Mona: your dad is a dangerous man. There isn't a thing he hasn't done. The murders in 2013 was him. He threatened your brother. He told your brother to take the rap or he was going to kill you knowing how special you are to J.

Fatima was silent. In 2013 there were bodies dropping in New York left and right and it was all Fatima's father. One day fatima's father Kenneth (K9) slipped up. The feds were on him like white on rice. Fatima's brother, Jai, happened to witness one of his murders leading to him threatening Jai. Kenneth was known for his violent behavior so Jai did what he knew best. He wasn't going to let his sister go like that. Deep down, Fatima knew her brother didn't do it. But the day she went up to see him, he pressed and pressed that he did it because that's what Kenneth told him to do. Fatima and Jai had a heated argument that day and her resentment grew for her brother.

Now, she wish she paid attention and followed her intuition.

Mona: Fatima

Fatima: ye- yea mom?

Mona: babygirl don't go there please

Fatima: i'm calm. when is he getting out?

Mona: should be within the next few days

Fatima: okay i'm coming up there first thing in the morning

Mona: Fat-

Fatima: no mama i'll be there i love you

Mona: i love you too

Fatima sat at the kitchen counter staring into space. She was so locked in she didn't see Zac standing right in her face until he grabbed her hand.

Zac: Fatima

Fatima: yes?

Zac: i been standing here for 5 minutes. you were gone

Fatima: im sorry what do you need?

Zac: nope. what happened?

Fatima: huh?

Zac: baby i can see it in your eyes, what's going on?

Fatima: um i have to go to New York in the morning, i need to pack *getting up*

Zac: slow down Fatima what's going on? talk to me *grabbing her arm*

Fatima: Zac i can't. i just can't

Zac: baby look at me

Fatima shakes her head no while holding it down. Zac lifted her head and looked into her eyes.

Zac: talk to me

Fatima hated looking in his eyes because she was always calmer.

Fatima: i have to go to New York

Zac: i know that, but tell me why

Fatima: it's family stuff Zac i have to go

Fatima ran out the door before Zac could say anything. He followed her anyways as she went to her house. When Fatima got in she packed a backpack and as she was doing so Zac came into her room.

Zac: baby...babe

Fatima was silent packing

Zac: Rose!

Fatima: what Zac? what?!

Zac: can you slow down please?

Fatima: no can you leave please?