𝐼

𝘼𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙚

There always seems to be a biological need to fit in, something that spikes inside of us during our teenage years. That's what social media exaggerated, extorted for financial gain. The thing is, that mechanism to fit in is one linked to anxiety— the positive reason anxiety exists. We're supposed to want to fit into society, to be accepted and loved.

Social media exaggerated everything; including the anxiety. It's such a cruel form of greed. They got rich, profiting off the young and their poor mental health. This was partially why I had hated being considered an influencer, I had done my best to use my platform to advocate for mental health but there will always be people who see you as nothing more than a pretty face to watch until boredom washes over them once more.

Despite how I felt about all this, my career revolved around the content, or collaborations I was included in. This morning would be no different. I stirred beneath the soft, warm blankets, feeling the first rays of dawn filter through the curtains. The room was painted in a soft white color, a reflection of my calming personality. I stretched my arms above my head, feeling the stiffness of a night's sleep gradually dissipate. I reached for my phone, immediately opening up the mail app— another important day awaited.

𝘼𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖,

𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗧𝘂𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝗮𝘁 𝗗𝗲𝗻𝗻𝘆'𝘀, 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗽𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗵𝘂𝗴𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗿!

𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨,
ꫝ𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓃

Confusion is the scattering of thoughts, as a flower scattering seeds in a strong wind, hoping that they will find soil and grow well. Yet when focus and attention matter, I teach my brain to set aside the anxious antics and pin point what exactly it is that has left me feeling this way.

In this certain moment the only thing running through my mind was why Harrison hadn't included the name of said YouTube stars. He almost never leaves me curious as to who it is I'll be meeting, usually I would be given some sort of information to better prepare myself and draw out some ideas for our collab.

Tossing my phone off to the side, with a determined sigh, I then threw the blankets aside and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. The hardwood floor was cool underfoot as I stood up, ready to conquer the day. Being a fashion influencer lead me to be known for my impeccable sense of style, and today's meeting would be no exception. I had to make a statement, both professionally and fashionably.

As I headed toward my closet, I considered my options carefully. Fingers gliding over a collection of chic blouses, tailored slacks, and statement accessories. Today, I needed something that exuded confidence. Settling on a simple black laced cami dress, that accentuated my figure, along with a rib-knit off the shoulder sweater. The sweater was merely for the aesthetic but it didn't hurt that it happened to be a colder day.

My most favorite part was styling my long, glossy black hair. I took pride in my locks, which cascaded down my back like a waterfall of silk. I picked up my brush and began to work through the tangles, the rhythmic motion a soothing start to my morning routine.

With each stroke, my hair grew more lustrous, a testament to the care that I put into it. Once my hair was smooth and flowing, I decided on a sleek, professional look. Parting it neatly in the center and used a curling iron to add a subtle wave, framing my face elegantly. A spritz of hairspray held everything in place, ensuring my hair would stay perfect throughout the day. Lastly I added a white bow to perfect the half up half down look.