𝒳𝐼

𝘼𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙚

Kissing, they say, is a transformative experience. When you find the right person, they promise it will feel like fireworks, an explosion of emotion and desire that ignites every inch of your being. But what happens when those fireworks turn into an inferno of confusion and doubt, when the kiss of the one you thought was right feels so utterly wrong?

It begins with a stolen glance, the spark of connection that binds two souls in a world where billions reside. Your heart flutters, caught in a whirlwind of possibilities as you inch closer, drawn to their magnetic presence. The tension between you and this person is palpable; your every nerve feels charged, and the air crackles with an electric energy that's impossible to ignore. It's as if the universe conspired to bring you together, orchestrating a symphony of fate that crescendos at this very moment.

The anticipation builds, your breath shallow as you inch closer to that fateful kiss. Your lips graze each other, and time seems to stand still. And then, it happens. The kiss. It's soft, gentle at first, but then it deepens, a tidal wave of passion and longing that sweeps you both away. In that moment, it's like the stars have aligned, and all is right in the world.

But then, just as suddenly as it began, the illusion shatters. The sparks of desire turn into a searing blaze of uncertainty. You pull away, your heart racing, but not in the way you had hoped. Doubt creeps in, wrapping its icy fingers around your soul. Was this kiss really what you had been searching for? Should it feel this wrong when it was meant to be so right?

"Matt," I whispered with a sense of urgency, my voice trembling with regret, "no one can ever find out about this. It was a mistake, a moment of weakness." My fingers instinctively sought solace in my dark hair, hastily pulling it into a messy bun as if to physically contain the turmoil that had erupted in our lives.

His eyes locked with mine, nodded solemnly in agreement, the weight of our secret hanging heavily in the air. There was a profound seriousness in his expression, a tacit understanding of the importance of our pact.

However, beneath that facade, in the depths of his gaze, I detected a flicker of something more profound. It was a complex blend of emotions, a cocktail of guilt, longing, and a tinge of sorrow. It hinted at the depth of our connection, a recognition that the passionate encounter we had shared had unearthed feelings we weren't yet prepared to confront.

I separated the strands in my bangs from my face and looked at Matt with an intensity that matched the gravity of our situation. "And, Matt," I added, my voice barely more than a whisper, "please, don't say anything to Chris." It was a desperate plea, filled with a combination of fear and desire to keep the fragile peace in our group.

I couldn't bear to meet Matt's eyes. The weight of what we'd done hung heavily in the air, and I was overwhelmed with a sense of guilt and uncertainty. I made my way past him, keeping my gaze fixed on the floor as if unable to look him in the eyes.

But Matt, unable to let the moment pass without addressing the undeniable chemistry that had ignited between us, reached out and gently but firmly grabbed my arm. His touch was both comforting and electrifying, and it halted me in my tracks. My heart raced as I turned slightly to face him, his fingers lightly gripping my arm.

"Was it really a mistake?" he asked, his voice laced with a yearning and vulnerability that mirrored my own feelings. The question hung in the air, boiling with unspoken emotions, as we stood there, caught between the pull of desire and the push of the consequences that loomed over us.

"What?" I asked, my voice a fragile whisper that seemed to hang on the edge of reality, a plea for clarity in the midst of confusion.

Matt repeated his question, his voice trembling with longing, echoing the desire that coursed through both of us. "Was it really a mistake Arabella?" Matt's grip on my arm was both firm and tender, and his question echoed in the space between us. I hesitated for a moment, the internal struggle between my heart and my sense of responsibility waging war within me. My eyes finally met his, and I could see the longing in them, a mirror to my own desires.