𝒱𝐼𝐼𝐼

𝙉𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙎𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙤

I ran down the stairs, quickening my pace to catch up with Arabella just before she headed out the door. "You're leaving?" I questioned, a slight frown forming as I kept my hand resting on the railing.

"Yeah," As I observed her, I squinted my eyes, a sense of curiosity welled up within me. Arabella smiled softly and let the oversized sleeves of the sweatshirt engulf her hands, as if seeking comfort from it. The hoodie's bright pink color was unmistakable, but it wasn't merely the color that gave it away; it was the giant license plate emblazoned with '𝘋𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘺 𝘋𝘺𝘭' that made it instantly recognizable.

"Isn't that Chris's hoodie?" The words seemed to escape my lips before I could think twice.

"He handed it to me before he left," Arabella's smile remained soft, but her eyes held a distant look, as though she were reminiscing about something. "When I first walked in," she clarified.

My brow stayed raised in skepticism, my lips forming a faint pout as I squinted, trying to make sense of her story. It just didn't seem to add up. Chris was not known for giving away his prized possessions so easily, and the conflicting details were making me increasingly curious.

"I'll see you at dinner, Nick," Arabella said with such ease. There was a lingering sense that something was missing from her story, but I decided not to pry for now. We apparently had fucking dinner plans to look forward to, and that was enough to occupy my thoughts.

I walked into the kitchen, hoping to find something to eat, but I couldn't spot anything appetizing in the fridge. Turning to Matt in the living room, I questioned him, handing him a water bottle, "I saw Arabella leave. You two talked?" His perplexed reaction only deepened my curiosity, and I raised an eyebrow in response.

"Yeah," he said, shaking his head as if to clear his thoughts. I tilted my head, waiting for more information. Matt continued, "She invited us to dinner, said she wanted us to meet a friend."

I nodded, considering the idea. It was clear that Arabella wanted us to get to know someone important to her, and I didn't want to pass up the opportunity. I walked back into the kitchen, opening the fridge and groaning at the lack of food. It's shocking that something new hadn't reappeared.

"You wanna get some McDonald's?" I suggested, knowing that Matt would appreciate a quick, easy meal.

"Sounds good," Matt replied. "Have you seen Chris?" he added, curiosity lingering in his voice.

I shook my head. "Nope, not in his room."

Matt seemed puzzled by Chris's absence. "He left before Bells got here." He stated while his knee bounced and his hand

"Speaking of Arabella, what did you two talk about? You look kinda bummed" I asked, a hint of concern in my voice.

I couldn't help but wonder what had transpired during their conversation. Something was definitely going on between the two of them, and I couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to their relationship than met the eye. Especially after Chris and I had walked in on them, holding hands, both breathing heavily. It left me with an uneasy feeling that there was something they weren't telling us.

Matt let out a sigh, scratching the back of his neck. "It's nothing, really," he replied, trying to brush off the topic. Still, the look on my face clearly read that I wasn't buying it. My concern deepened as I watched Matt's internal struggle play out before him.