𝐼𝒳

𝘼𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙚

Matt's jaw hung open in stunned silence as he locked his gaze onto Kami. The shock on his face was unmistakable, but the intensity of his scrutiny made me uneasy. His eyes traced every contour of her form, and I couldn't shake the feeling that something more than mere surprise was driving his interest.

Meanwhile, Chris's previously indifferent expression had transformed into one of curiosity as he observed Kami. His eyebrows arched in recognition as he turned his attention to Matt. "Isn't this the chick you're going out with on Saturday?" he asked, a note of amusement in his voice.

I kept my elbow extended across the edge of the door, face contorted with embarrassment. My eyes were tightly shut, and I nervously licked my dry lips, the tension in the situation weighing heavily on me.

"Kami, what are you doing here?" Matt inquired as he entered my apartment, a blend of confusion and concern coloring his voice. His sudden appearance caught me off guard, and I nearly stumbled. Fortunately, Chris reacted swiftly, reaching out to steady me, his hand warm and reassuring.

I blinked for a moment, trying to regain my composure as I stammered out a heartfelt "Thanks."

In that brief, unexpected moment, as Chris's fingers wrapped gently around my arm to steady me, our eyes locked and held each other in a silent connection. It was a curious mixture of surprise, comfort, and an unspoken understanding.

His touch, warm and reassuring, served as a grounding force amid the tension that had swept through my apartment. Those beautiful brown eyes of his gazed into mine with a sense of familiarity, and in that gaze, I felt a momentary refuge from the awkwardness that had suddenly pervaded our evening. His gaze was a safe haven amidst the uncertainty, as if to say, 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴" without uttering a single word.

"Yo, Romeo, Juliet, we got a situation here"As Nick's voice echoed through the room, I reluctantly pulled away from Chris, my gaze shifting towards my friends.

"You knew, this entire fuckin' time. Didn't you?" Matt's sharp accusation pierced the air, his finger pointing directly at me, and I felt a sense of guilt washing over me.

Their intense attention was focused on me, and for a moment, I hesitated before finally admitting, "I had no idea. I swear." My voice wavered slightly, falling to hide the fact that I was well informed on Matt and Kami. Despite my reassurance, the room remained tense and heavy with unspoken thoughts.

"Unbelievable." He turned his attention back towards Kami "That's why you asked about her isn't it? You wanted to throw me off the fact that you knew her pretty damn well!"

The room was charged with emotions as Matt's accusation reverberated, casting a shadow over the otherwise ordinary evening. Kami, looking uncertain but determined, slowly approached Matt, her steps measured and cautious.

With a gentle touch, she rested her hand on his chest, her gaze locked onto his. In that vulnerable moment, she voiced her feelings with sincerity, revealing the depth of her emotions. Her voice was soft, carrying a hint of desperation as she spoke, "I asked because I didn't wanna come between something you two might've had."

Matt's expression remained conflicted, caught between the weight of the revelation and Kami's heartfelt confession. The room seemed to hold its breath as he grappled with his feelings. Nick, Chris and I watched the unfolding drama, a silent observation in a situation that had escalated beyond my expectations.