Overboard - C (short)

Warnings: Storm, Panic, Near Death Experience

The guys go sailing and an unexpected storm sends Chris falling overboard.

It was now summer and even more unbearably hot than the year before. The brothers knew they wanted to go somewhere to cool down a bit, so they decided to go 'all out' and rent a small yacht with a couple of friends, since a few of them had an actual license and experience in driving them. It would also be a good opportunity to film an interesting vlog, so there's also that.

They made all necessary arrangements, set a date and it was time before they knew it. The summer sun beamed down upon the shimmering ocean as the small yacht sailed smoothly through the open waters. The friends who joined them were – Sarah and JJ, who both grew up around boats and had plenty experience with sailing all types of vessels.

Chris, always the most spirited of the group, stood at the yacht's bow, arms outstretched, embracing the salty breeze that played with his hair. "Feel that?" he yelled back at his brothers, eyes sparkling with excitement. "That's the taste of freedom!"

Behind him, Matt was lounging on a sunbed, sunglasses perched on his nose, his phone in hand. "Your idea of freedom is yelling at the top of your voice?" he teased, without looking up.

Nick, in contrast, was more engrossed in the technical aspects. He had a map spread out and was in deep conversation with JJ about their route for the day. "We should head towards that little island," he pointed out, tapping the map, "I bet I can take some sick photos there".

Sarah was busy setting up the speakers, and soon, the soft rhythm of a summer song filled the air. JJ, after finishing his conversation with Nick, headed to the cooler and began distributing cold drinks to everyone. The atmosphere was light, the conversation casual, and laughter almost constant.

"You remember that time we tried building that treehouse in the backyard?" Matt reminisced, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Chris laughed, "Oh, the one where Nick ended up falling through the floorboards?"

Nick rolled his eyes. "You mean the one where you two left out the nails?"

Amidst their banter, Sarah challenged everyone to a diving competition. The challenge was simple: who could make the most stylish leap into the water?

Chris was the first to accept, climbing onto the railing and executing a near-perfect backflip, drawing cheers and applause from the group. Matt, not to be outdone, followed with a graceful swan dive. Nick, always the more cautious one, opted for a straightforward, albeit still stylish, cannonball.

As they clambered back onto the yacht, soaked but grinning, Sarah handed them towels. "Champions, every one of you," she declared.

The day progressed with more games, stories, and an ever-present feeling of contentment. They shared old tales, made new memories, and caught up with each other's lives, all under the bright embrace of the summer sun.

"We should've done this years ago!" Chris exclaimed, feeling the sea breeze ruffle his hair.

Nick laughed, "Yeah, and thanks to JJ and Sarah we actually know what we're doing."

Sarah winked from the helm, "You boys just sit back and enjoy. This is my domain."

Matt reclined on the deck, sun hat over his eyes. "Just wake me up when the fish are ready," he mumbled, hinting at the barbecue they had planned for later.

The day went as smoothly as the morning ... at first. However, as the day wore on, dark clouds began to gather overhead. The first sign of trouble was a distant rumble of thunder that made Matt sit up, casting a worried glance at the darkening horizon.