I Did What I Could - C (ending)

Warnings: Death, Fear, Anxiety, Panic, Arguments, Cursing, Fighting, Blood, Guilt, Mental Health Issues, Mental Breakdown, Self-Hatred

Chris goes through a lot, learns the full extent of guilt and finds out whether he can live with it

A/N: This is the continuation of Crazy Fan, but I guess it can be read on its own. The theme/plot is a bit different than in the first part.

This story was... a lot... I legit got emotional by the end. I tried making this part longer, seeing as it is the last C part... Hopefully the other two will be longer as well, but don't hold your breath haha

A small disclaimer: I counted up all votes from the previous chapter and realised I could actually combine two different plot-lines, so I went with that. To anyone disappointed their choice didn't win, I'm sorry, I will start with that if I decide to return to writing later. You can also send it as a request to other authors :)

That said... I hope you enjoy the last C-centred story! Leave any thoughts or comments <3

The Story:

"... so that's everything. If you have any questions or notice anything not working properly, don't hesitate to give us a call," the man said, handing Nick his card.

"Got it, thank you so much for coming at such short notice," Nick took it gratefully and locked the door behind him after saying their goodbyes.

Two days after the chilling arrival of the package, the atmosphere in the triplets' home was still thick with tension. After the initial shock and the consequent outburst that followed, the brothers thoroughly searched their entire house, needing to make sure no one was still there. They checked everywhere, from their closets to larger boxes, but found no traces of anyone. After that, they made their plan; they called all security services in town and ordered the one that could come the quickest. They also filed a police report, just to be safe, in case any other incidents pop up. They also agreed to take a temporary break from their channel – a decision that came harder, but in the end felt necessary. Any new content could potentially fuel the deranged stalker's obsession even more. They hoped a break would help her move on, plus if they were honest, they kind of needed a bit to focus on their mental well-being after this whole drama.

So now Chris sat at the kitchen table with Matt, his gaze distant, lost in thought. The recent installation of a new security system eased his mind a bit, but given the circumstances, it would take a while before he was able to relax completely.

The echoing bang of the front door snapping shut roused him from his thoughts, and he looked up to see Nick entering the kitchen. "Alright, that's the last of it. We're set up."

Matt looked up from his phone, where he'd been exploring and learning the new security app. "Cameras and sensors are all functional. We'll all be notified the second anything bigger than a fly so much as moves anywhere near the house."

Chris nodded, trying to muster a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. "Yeah, great... but it's just," he paused, struggling to find the words, "I hate that we have to do this, you know? In our own home..."

Nick leaned against the counter, his expression serious. "I know, Chris. But this isn't something we can take lightly, we're not taking any chances. Not with this fucking psycho out there."

Matt chimed in, his voice firm yet comforting. "We've got heavier locks over all our doors and windows, the new security system and cameras up and running, and we've filed a police report. We're doing everything we can."

Chris sighed, his fingers drumming anxiously on the table. "I know, I know... It's just that... I don't feel safe. Not really. Not even here."

Nick moved to sit beside him, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Listen, we're here for you and we're taking this 100% seriously. You won't have to face this alone. We're not leaving your side, not until this is over or they catch that lunatic."