Chapter 15

"Rise and shine my sleeping beauty."
"Hey, good morning."
"Good afternoon. Well, almost."
"What time is it?'
"Almost noon. After last night I thought I'd let you sleep in."
"Mmm bonus points for you."
"Lucky me, what do those bonus points get me?"
"You could join me and find out."
"As tempting as that is and it's incredibly tempting I should really feed you first."
"I'm fine with skipping the meal and going straight to the desert." I try to pull him down to my level.
"Sounds delicious but my answer is no. The last time you ate was dinner before I picked you and Nick up. So, enough lounging in bed. I must get some food in you, my little vixen."
"Fine but let me shower first. I smell like sex."
He stood up but leaned down to whisper in my ear. "I love the smell of sex on you." He walked to the door. Be down in twenty or I will enjoy punishing you."
I gasped. "You wouldn't."
He smiled. "Feel free to try me. Now hop to it. You're wasting precious time."
He walks out of the bedroom and I groan. We're seriously going to have to have a talk about his control issues. I got up and took a quick shower. Just as quick I dressed in one of his shirts with nothing but my panties on underneath. I brushed my hair and headed downstairs and into the dining room.
"Perfect timing." He said with a grin. "I ordered pizza and it just got here."
"Sounds good." We both sat down and dove right in. He grabbed the pepperoni and I snatched up the meatball. After our appetites were about sated I had to say something. I couldn't hold it in anymore. "You have a thing for control."
"Oh, baby, you have no idea."
"We're going to need to talk about this."
"Why? What about it?"
"I don't tolerate being told what to do all the time. I've had enough with someone trying to control my every move. It's not something I care to put up with again."
"You like it when it comes from me."
"No, I've been tolerable of it, but it grates at me."
"You're right we do need to discuss this as I won't give up control. It's who I am."
"We need to draw a line somewhere. I think I can handle it to a point in the bedroom but all other aspects of my life are off limits."
"I can definitely get with being in control in the bedroom. Everything else is up for debate. It's what you need."
"The HELL it is!" I yell. Who the fuck does he think he is?
"Kristina, the way you always overthink things and to be honest you weren't exactly taking good care of yourself. You need that voice of reason."
"I have enough people chirping in my damn ear. Between Nick, Mike and my dad I have plenty thank you very much."
"It's not enough. As much as I can't give up control because its who I am, I just want to look after you and take care of you. Let me take care of you."
"I can take care of myself."
"You shouldn't have to. You deserve to have someone to care for you for once."
I got up from my seat. "I've been good on my own and I can continue to be good on my own. And as good as the sex is between us and it's damn good, this isn't going to work." I took off upstairs.
He was hot on my heals. I reached his bedroom and grabbed my clothes from yesterday and went into the bathroom and shut the door in his face and locked the door.
He knocked on the door. "Kristina, what are you doing?"
"What do you think I'm doing?"
"Come on out here so we can talk."
"We did talk but nothing has changed."
I rushed to get changed. I threw his shirt in the laundry and threw on my clothes. I can change when I get home. I don't want anything from him.
When I walked out of the bathroom he looked at me and what I was wearing. "Where are you going?"
"Where do you think? Home."
He grabbed my arm. "Kris, baby, please stay. Let's talk."
"We tried that and got nowhere. Please let go."
"I'm sure we can work through this."
I sighed. "I don't know. You clearly can't change your way of thinking and I won't give up my right to make my own choices."
"Maybe go home and think about what we talked about and what we can do to fix it. Maybe we can talk tomorrow with clearer heads."
"Maybe." I went to walk out and he followed.
"I'll have Tony take you home."
"I'm good, I can get home on my own."
"Kris, please for my peace of mind just let him drive you home. I sure as hell know you won't let me take you."
I didn't even respond. I just kept walking. I took the elevator down and there was Tony waiting outside the car with the door open for me. "Thanks Tony, but I'm good."
"I insist Miss. Thomas."
"And I said no. I pulled out my phone and saw that my Uber was about to pull up.
He saw me getting in the Uber." Mr. Black won't like this."
"Mr. Black is just going to have to get over it now, isn't he?"
Tony looked unsure what to do. I'm sure he has his orders and I obviously wasn't making it easy for him. Just as the car pulled away my phone buzzed with a text.