Chapter 11 ~ A Hero

Victoria untied the letter from the blue jays tiny ankle, and read it, "Dear Victoria, I heard about the divorce that is to take place soon and I'm sorry about it, hopefully I can do something to cheer you up, Sincerely Henry." 

She smiled as she read the note, then sat at her desk to write him back. "Your majesty," Helen bowed as she entered the room. "King Henry has cancelled the ball this week, due to the divorce that is tomorrow, and perhaps you should invite close people to come support you." "Maybe," Victoria sighed. "My plan is coming together too quickly."

"Your majesty, maybe you should go on a walk, or socialize with some of the nobles," "I don't have time for that," Victoria stated as she looked through her closet. "Order some more dresses please," "But your majesty, King Henry has sent 4 boxes of different varieties of dresses, jewels, and shoes." "Oh did he?" Victoria blushed as she cleared her throat, "What are they for?" "He didn't say, he insisted on giving you the dresses himself, but his majesty refused." "Send a messenger to tell King Henry that I want to meet with him tonight," Victoria stood up as Helen bowed, "As you wish,"

Soon after Helen left, Louis barged into Victoria's chambers. "My lady-" He held Victoria's soft hand in his, and kissed the back of her hand. "What is it that you want?" Victoria asked while she pulled back her hand, but Louis wouldn't let go. "Will you show me and Anne kindness by perhaps giving me a high title-" "So this is all for you?" Victoria sighed, "You really are greedy." Louis immediately grabbed her by her hair, and pushed her to the bed, "Fine then don't, but today you will regret not showing us the kindness we deserve." Louis uttered while Victoria tried to get up.

"Let go of me!" She screamed feeling hopeless, as Louis shoved his handkerchief into her mouth. "Shushh." Victoria struggled to reach for a wine glass that was on her nightstand, then she immediately threw it at the door as the glass shattered everywhere, "Will you just let me get what I want?!" Louis yelled while Victoria shuddered. She froze in fear as Henry ran into Victoria's chambers. "What's going on here?-" "Leave me and my wife be," Louis glared over at Henry, who was picking up the pieces of glass.

"I would, but why does her majesty look like she's about to cry?" "That's none of your business, Victoria tell him to leave," Victoria stared at Henry in fear, unable to say a word. "VICTORIA TELL HIM TO LEAVE!" Louis yelled while Victoria flinched. "I'll just take her majesty and go." Henry spoke as he walked over to Victoria, and she held on tight to him, shaking in fear. "What did you do to her?" Henry asked while Louis stood up. "Nothing," He stated, "She's just being overly dramatic, I'll see you tomorrow babe!" Louis left as Victoria held onto Henry tighter.

"It's alright, he left." Henry spoke with a gentle tone,    "L-let me stay like this for awhile," Victoria begged, "This is my first time in awhile, that I've felt safe." "Alright," Henry smiled and rubbed her back. 

Victoria let him go, and looked into his eyes, "Since you are already here, I want to invite you to come watch my divorce." "I accept your invitation," Henry smiled. Victoria sat on her bed and sighed, "I wish I hadn't gotten with Louis, he's made my life so much more miserable." "But I won't," Henry uttered while Victoria blushed.

"You know, maybe we would make a great couple after all," He uttered. "Mhm, we would,"