Chapter 18 ~ Secrets

Victoria stood outside on the balcony, looking at the bright sun, set behind the mountains and houses. Birds flew above her head flying back to their houses, as the towns people turned on the street lights in their village. Victoria smiled at everything she saw, she finally felt safe being here this Henry.

Henry immediately hugged her from behind, wrapping his arms around her tiny waist. Victoria looked up at him, smiling, as he kissed her forehead. "I changed our titles today," he smiled, "So now your an empress again, and there be a ceremony tomorrow to celebrate." "Who did you invite?" She asked with curiosity, "The kings and their wives from different kingdoms, and the noble men and their wives,"  

Victoria smiled, as Henry picked her up and carried her back inside. She sat on the bed while Henry laid his head in her lap, looking straight into her brown eyes. "Victoria... I-" Henry looked away, as he sat up. "What is it?" She asked anxiously. "Its nothing," he responded as he got up, and left the room.

Earlier that day: 

Louis went to the library in Anne's parents house, and sat in a chair, reading  a book. Anne came into the room, sitting beside him, "Hey, what are you reading?" "Its none of your concern," Louis snapped, glaring straight into her eyes. "I'm sorr-" "Can't you see I'm reading right now?!" Louis yelled, "What did I tell you about disturbing me when I'm busy," "Why are you always being mean?" Anne asked while tears filled her eyes, "is it because you and Victoria divorced so you think you can let your anger out on me? Or is it because I'm pregnant with your child you think you can do whatever." 

"Should I tell you whose fault is it, that this happened?!" Louis slapped Anne across the face, as her mom ran into the room. "What did you do to my son that made him this mad?" Anne's mother asked, while Louis smiled. "I-." "Do I have to remind you that you left Kelson so dont be mad this is happening to you," Anne sat there, speechless and hurt that her mom would take Louis' side, "Anyways yall got invited to a ceremony tomorrow," Anne's mom handed Louis the Envelope and left the room.

"What does it say?" Anne asked, trying to look over Louis' shoulder to read the letter. "Just go to your room," Louis sighed, "Your so annoying," Anne got up, and went outside, "Why do they all hate me," she wondered, walking down the rocky road, watching the happy children run around in the grass. 

As she kept walking, she bumped into Kelson. "Kelson!" She hugged him, "I'm so sorry, I missed you so much-" Before she could say anything else, he pushed her off of him. "But why-" Kelson wife came over, staring at her. "You got a problem?" She asked, while carrying bags of desserts and new dresses, "N-no I... Kelson who is that?" "My wife," he smiled with pride. "Your married..?" Anne asked with sadness and disappointment, "Well I said shes my wife didn't i?" He scoffed, "I thought Victoria told you, did she not?" "I dont know," anne sighed.

Kelson and his wife started to walk away, as Anne yelled out, "please I need help," But they ignored the crying woman and went about their way, as Anne fell on her knees, and cried, bitterly. Thoughts of regret and anxiety filled her mind.