Chapter 16 (JULY 31st 2011, 18:30, Mt. Justice)

Chapter 16

Robin's POV (JULY 31st 2011, 18:30, Mt. Justice)

Dang technology couldn't you have beeped earlier. I've been sitting here for hours and now it beeps. I click on the computer screen and see the red dot that was supposedly where Jane's rights were located. The location is somewhere is in the desert, about 20 miles off Phoenix, Arizona.

I send the location to Bat Computer using my eMail. What? Everything can't be all high tech? I wait exactly 3 seconds and then I pick up my cellphone as it rings.

"Great job Robin" Batman says through the phone.

"It was easy finding the rights. it just took a little bit of time" I explained. I tapped my fingers on the desk impatiently, I was itching to get this mission over with. Jane being around brought up a weird feeling and Batman saw it too, even though he pretended not too. I had come to the cave dressed for the mission, even though I wasn't sure it was happening today.

"Black Canary and Red Tornado will be coming to the cave to send you on the mission" Batman says.

"Why can't you send us on the mission to get the rights?" I ask.

"Little busy right now" he responds.

"With what?" I ask as gun shots go off in the background. It was then that I noticed the hum of the Batwing's engines in the background too. "Are you being shot at?"

"League of Shadows" he states. "The shooting is a minor thing".

"League of Shadows? Why wasn't Invited?" I ask slightly offended.

"Thought you'd like some quality time with our guest" Batman says and I roll my eyes as he does. I guess we were done pretending. I figured he wasn't being serious. But when was he ever not being serious. He was never concerted.

"I know you're rolling your eyes" he says into the phone.

"God you're good!" I say looking under the desk for cameras.

"I've already told them the mission parameters so it will be like I'm doing it" Batman says as I check the lamp and the bookshelf for any cameras. How did he know?

"OK" I respond, barely paying attention to the conversation.

"But just so were clear Jane will not be going on this mission" Batman says and my attention snaps back to the conversation.

"Figured Jane wouldn't be allowed to come" I shrugged. It would probably upset her not to come, but it made sense. She was volatile and the mission was a little to personal for her. Plus if Jane was caught during the mission they technically had legal right to keep her there. The idea of that would probably send her into shock.

"Good now have to go I'll see you at the Bat Cave" He says ending the conversation with a click of the phone.

~___________________________________~

Jane's POV (JULY 31st 2011, 18:30, Mt. Justice)

It was Day 6 of my living here at the cave, I was dressed in black gym shorts and the red flash t-shirt again. I had started doing laundry here, which meant I was still very much stuck here with no information about my life.

That was a bit annoying. So, I was heading to the Mission Research and Planning room, which everyone called the Bird's Nest. Mostly because Robin was pretty much the only person who used it. Wally liked to say it was his cave away from his cave.

I was approaching the door, my hand poised on the door handle when I hear mumbled conversation through the door. What was this about?

My curiosity burned inside of me, reminding me of the little trick I could do sometimes. I look both ways down the hall before I press my ear to the door and place the palm of my hand against the door. I focus my energy into hearing the conversation through the door.