Kyoto Prefectural Jujutsu High School (Chapter 5)

The electric hum of the Nozomi train vibrated beneath Y/n's shoes, punctuated by the soft clicking of rails. He gazed down at Miwa's phone, amusement in his eyes. "So he's got a fan club or something?"

Miwa's cheeks colored slightly, her gaze shifting from the screen showing her selfie with Gojo to Y/n's questioning eyes. "It's not like that!" She laughed, a hint of embarrassment tingeing her voice. "It's just... well, it's not every day you bump into 'the strongest.'"

"...I don't get it. Is he really THAT much stronger than everyone?"

Miwa, regaining her composure, fiddled with a loose strand of her hair. "I haven't really seen him in action myself, but... he's really strong..."

A comfortable silence settled between them as the Japanese countryside flashed by.

"I never really grasped the vastness of it," Y/n mused, his gaze lost in the window. "Tokyo and Kyoto, even on the fastest train, is still over two hours in distance... Isn't that kind of crazy?"

Miwa nodded, "Well, from what I've heard; you've had a lot on your plate, y'know with your sister and all. It makes sense you wouldn't really think about something as trivial as the distance between Tokyo and Kyoto."

Y/n's expression turned distant for a moment, thinking about the little girl who wasn't biologically his, but who depended on him all the same. "Speaking of, she's at this Kyoto school?"

"Yes, met her briefly. She's quite... reserved. It was like trying to chat with a little ghost," Miwa said playfully.

Y/n laughed.

As the train snaked through a particularly picturesque region, Miwa pulled out a small box from her bag.

"Ever tried these?" she asked, revealing a box of matcha-flavored chocolates.

Y/n raised an eyebrow. "You're asking the guy who practically lived off convenience store snacks, if he'd ever seen one of the most popular candies in Japan? Of course I have."

"Well if you're going to say it like that!" She pouted, popping one into her mouth. "Your loss."

"Hey, I didn't say–"

"Nope. Too late." She moved the box away from Y/n.

"Not even one?"

"Should have thought about that beforehand." Miwa said, reaching for another piece of chocolate. Just as she was about to pop it into her mouth, Y/n's hand darted out, snatching it right from her grasp in a swift midair maneuver.

"Hey!" 

"Mmfh arh amahzing." (These are amazing.)

Miwa laughed.

Y/n looked out at a passing station, squinting to read the name. "You know, I've always wanted to explore these smaller towns. Bet they have a ton of hidden gems."

Miwa leaned in, "Mai said something similar to me once."

"Is Mai someone from the Kyoto School?"

"Yeah... though she can be a bit of a handful...." Miwa glanced over, noting the contemplative look on Y/n's face. "What's on your mind?"

"Just how many people are at this Kyoto School?"

She shrugged lightly, "It's not teeming with students, if that's what you're wondering. We're segmented by years, and you'd land in the second-year batch. Conveniently, that's where I am."

Y/n's face relaxed, "Well, that certainly eases some of my worries."

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for traveling with us today. We will shortly be arriving at Kyoto Station. Please ensure you have all of your belongings with you. Passengers disembarking at Kyoto, please prepare to alight. If Kyoto is not your final destination, please remain seated and wait for the train to depart. Thank you for choosing our service, and we hope you have a pleasant day."