One Month Later (Chapter 8) {Arc 1: Nephelomancy}

Y/n's morning unfolded slowly, an unusual but welcome change from his typical, fast-paced days. He stood in the school's small laundry room, a functional space with white walls and a dusty wooden floor. The room was sparsely decorated, with just a simple clock and a couple of practical shelves.

He wore his off-duty outfit: a soft, slightly faded black t-shirt and comfortable sweat pants. These were his go-to clothes for days like this, when his only agenda was to relax and enjoy some time to himself.

The washer, was a compact but high-tech model. Y/n appreciated its efficiency — it was one of those models that washed and dried clothes in the same drum, saving both space and time. He watched as it smoothly transitioned from the wash to the dry cycle, the sound a nice background to his thoughts.

On one of the shelves, there were a few laundry essentials: detergent, fabric softener, and a small stack of neatly folded towels. Next to these items was a cracked mug (One Ryoko broke and tried to hide), the surface stained with a ring where the mug had rested.

The clock on the wall showed it was just past six in the morning. Y/n thought about his colleagues, most of whom would still be asleep at this hour. He pictured Ryoko, in particular, who often talked about not being a morning person. She was probably still curled up under her blankets, enjoying the last few moments of sleep.

Y/n felt a surge of energy and decided to head out for a morning jog. He stretched his neck from side to side, working out the stiffness from a night's sleep. Slipping into a pair of comfortable running shoes, he stepped out of the school.

The streets of Kyoto were quiet at this hour, with just a few early risers and the occasional delivery truck rumbling by. He set a leisurely pace, not keen on working up a heavy sweat, but rather savoring the simple act of moving his body and clearing his mind.

His route took him past a small bakery, its windows fogged up slightly. The aroma of fresh pastries wafted out as he passed by, a tempting scent that he acknowledged with a smile but didn't stop for. Next, he jogged past a pizza place that had opened a few months ago. Y/n had tried it once out of curiosity, but as he expected, it didn't quite meet his standards for pizza, especially at its steep price.

After a while, Y/n slowed his pace as he approached his favorite cafe, a quaint little spot nestled between a bookstore and a flower shop. The cafe, with its rustic charm and cozy ambiance, was a place Miwa had introduced him to when he first arrived in Kyoto. It had quickly become his go-to for breakfast and a quiet spot to read or work.

He pushed open the door, greeted by the familiar jingle of the bell and the warm smell of coffee and baked goods. The cafe was usually quiet in the mornings, with just a few regulars scattered at the tables, enjoying their mornings. Y/n nodded a greeting to the barista, who recognized him and began preparing his usual order without needing to ask.

Finding his favorite spot by the window, Y/n settled in with a contented sigh. Eventually, his order was brought to him—Meal on plate—coffee in mug.

Yet, as Y/n had just taken his first sip, his peaceful reverie was abruptly shattered. A woman, seemingly around his age, rushed towards him in a flurry. Her approach was so sudden and unexpected that Y/n nearly spilled his coffee in surprise.

She bowed, far.

"Please go out with me!!"

".....Huh?"

_–-{}-–_

𝚁𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝—𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾.
𝙺𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚠𝚊 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎, 𝙺𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚊𝚔𝚒 𝙲𝚒𝚝𝚢.
𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚊 𝙲𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚊.