Goodbyes

You wake up with a sense of peace from last night. Yes you're heart broken but atleast you won't be wondering if the love was all in your head or not.

After brushing your hair out you make your way to the kitchen. There you see Ryan, still in last night's clothing , staring seriously at a glass of water.
Curious you walk to him and touch his shoulder. "Darling what's the matter?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing just tired" he answers while yawning. "Alright... and where you last night? You didn't come to bed." You walk to the kitchen and put the kettle on the stove.

"I had to think about some difficult things..." he finally looks to you a feeling of dread overcomes him.

After hearing what he heard last night, he didn't know what to think or do, so he went to his study.
He sat and thought, debated and thought some more, which lead him to his final decision.

"Y/n"

"Yes?" You pour a cup of tea for Ryan and yourself.
"I think we should discuss something very important."
You walk to him and take a seat placing the cups infront of him and you. "Ryan, you're making me nervous. What's going on?"

"Y/n, I love you so much, God knows I do, but..." he chokes on his words. You squeeze his hand and look at him concerned. " hey, whats wrong?"
He takes a deep breath.
"I heard you last night."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean." He squeezes your hand and puts the red rose from last night onto the table. Your eyes widen
"Ryan, I-"

"Y/n." He cuts you off.
"There is nothing to explain, you clearly are in love with this phantom man and thats that." He avoids looking at you.
You feel yourself wanting to cry, but you don't. "Ryan what does it matter, him and I we could never... it just can't be, and I love YOU. I made a commitment to you!"

He looks at you. You can see the faded red under his eyes and nose, he's been crying.
"Y/n, I will not hold you back. I could never stop you from being with the man you love, even if that man is not me... What I'm trying to say is that I want you to go, find the Phantom and- ...
spend the rest of your life with him." He chokes on the last. Soft tears from both of you.

You lean over and hug him . He closes his eyes and holds you closer, wishing he could hold you like this forever.
But he can't.
You pull away and cup his face.
" Thank you Ryan. Know that I do care for you, but I'm not the one for you. You'll find a woman who will love you fully, one day." He looks to you and nods in agreement, but knowing he could never love someone like he loved you.
.
.
.
After a surprisingly quick 3 hours, all your belongings were packed away in boxes and bags. You stand by the entrance door of your no longer home and watch two men load your stuff into a carriage. Ryan stands next to you watching as well.

"This is not how I imagined moving out would go." He says still watching the workers. "No? " you look at him. "No, I imagined we'd be moving out together with our children, to move to the quieter side of France."
You frown, knowing someone loves you as much as he does and still breaking their heart really isn't as easy as it seems.
"Children? How many were we planning to have?" You laugh a bit.
He looks at you and chuckles lightly. " Preferably two, a boy and a girl."
You smile sadly at the thought of what could've been. "I always wanted that to..." a moment of silence passes by.

"Mademoiselle! The carriage is loaded!" One of the men shout.
You sigh and look at Ryan. " I guess this is goodbye."

" I guess it is." He says.

You go to kiss his cheek, but he quickly places his lips on yours. You melt into the kiss.
Ryan cups you face hesitant to let go. The kiss ends and you place your hands on top of his, pulling them away slowly.

"Goodbye Ryan."

And with that you leave not looking back once.

He stays in the same position, thinking to himself. With a heavy heart he watches the carriage take you away, most likely never to be seen again. He turns around walks into his now lifeless house, closing the doors behind him.
.
.
.
Adam sits at his desk reading a document. "So you're going to Spain?" He asks as he puts the document down.

"Yes"

Adam sighs and dips the his pen in ink.
" Alright, I'll just sign this and you'll no longer be a danger to society, don't make me regret trusting you." He warns with a stern glare.

"Wouldn't dream of it."

Adam signs the paper but hesitates to hand it over. "You know she'll be heartbroken, don't you Eric?"

"I do, but it doesn't matter. She'll move on and will finally be able to have the life she deserves." Eric states and takes the paper from Adam.

"If you say so."

Hi, sry its a bit rushed, I wanted to get it out before my exams started (its that time of the year again 😃🔫)
So I won't be updating for a long giggles time. Sorry 💀