★Eight ~ Bonus★

Can't help myself. Cassidy needs to be seen.. Enjoy his thoughts!

★Chapter Eight ~ Cassidy POV★

I ditched the last period of school. I wanted to get to Alpha quickly. Of course though, I got interrupted by none other than Ruby!

Wonderful!

Note the sarcasm.

"Whatcha doing?" She asked, casually pulling up beside me and walking next to me out of the human school.

"Skipping." I muttered bluntly.

She looked at me out of the corner of her eye. "Did you skip last class too?"

I nodded. Yeah, a lot happened in that hour. My mate didn't know what she was. I could sense her werewolf gene... And something else. Something that made her blood smell more sinister. She hasn't activated her gift yet, I thought. She was raised human.

"Yes." I said.

Ruby sniffed me suddenly. I glared at her. She just smiled back. "With Phoebe." Not a question.

"What makes you say that?" I feigned a nonchalant and bored tone. But really I was on alert. Some thing was harming her. Nobody should even think of touching my mate. I'll destroy them.

"Her scent's on you." Rubes answered. "Kiss yet?"

I glared at her. "I just met her."

She stuck out her tongue childishly. "You might've but your soul hasn't." Mates. Our souls are two half's of one. Seperated and placed apart. Everyone had one soulmate. Just the supernatural had a higher chance of finding them, still odds.

"We don't know if she's really my... Mate." Then why do you keep referring to her as it?

"Quit denying it. You see it as much as I and I'm sure you feel it too."

"Shut up." I growled. God Rubes was so annoying at times.

I opened the door to my car and slid into the driver's seat. Ruby slid into the passenger. I didn't question her.

"So where we off to?" She asked, chucking her bag into the back and doing up her seatbelt.

"Alpha." I said.

"Want answers?" She asked.

"Need." I corrected then pulled out of the carpark and drove to our pack den.

★★★

The den still held some life. We had quite a big pack. Most of us were out of school and living in the den. Some chose though to live alongside humans. Dunno why, I much preferred to live in a community with my own kind.

I passed the houses, keeping search of the garage. When I saw it I pulled in and parked the car amongst the rest of the pack's cars. Me and Ruby got out of the car and I locked the car. We left and started walking on the dirt road through our little community. Some people stopped and waved at us and Ruby smiled and waved enthusiastically back. I just kept walking.

Ruby jogged to catch up with me after she stopped to half a small chat with some friends.

"Urgh Cass man, what's up your ass?" She asked me.