Chapter Nine

"Mommy!" Sophie called out as she ran to hug their mother.

"Oh, I'm sorry if we worried you, dear." Aggie told her daughter. "I was gonna get them back just as soon as I possibly thought that I could-"

"Mother, I cannot believe that you brought them here in the first place!" Gwen argued back.

"Well, I didn't." Aggie said while wrapping her arm around Melanie. "They came to see me."

"I wanted to help grandma fight the bad thing." Sophie said to their mom.

"And we came to get our training." Marnie said as she stepped forward. Pulling her twin with her.

"Training?" Gwen asked.

"And I tried to stop them mom, but, but they hypnotized me." Dylan, ever the mama's boy, said.

"And I thought you were brave." Marnie said to their brother.

"Hey, this is mom." Dylan said back.

"Stop it!" Gwen told them. "I don't want to hear anymore excuses. I want you all to just get back on that bus. Because we are going home."

"But mom, grandma needs help." Melanie said. She was trying to plead with her mom.

"And since you won't help her, she needs the only other Cromwell witches there are." Marnie said as she began to motion between her and Melanie. "Us."

"You are not witches." Gwen told them. Melanie finally had it.

"Oh, yes we are no thanks to you. You were gonna let our powers go away. Forever!" Melanie said to her mom.

"Girls, there is so much more involved in this than you understand."

"We understand that we're here. And we've got brooms. And we're gonna learn everything that grandma can teach us." Marnie said, as she and Melanie each held their brooms and wrapped and arm around Aggie.

"You will not!" Gwen shouted at them.

"It's their birth right." Aggie said as she walked over to her kid.

"They were born in the human world. And human they will be!" Gwen shouted right in her mother's face.

"No, we won't." Marnie and Melanie said to Gwen.

"You put those brooms down, young ladies. You are both grounded." Gwen said back. The twins felt close to tears. Especially Melanie. "Say goodbye to grandma everybody. It's time to go home."

"Bye, grandma." Sophie said sadly.

"Bye." Dylan said before looking down. Even he had a great time.

Gwen took a few steps away, along with her two youngest kids. Marnie handed Aggie her broom, thanked her, then went to the bus stop. Away from their mom.

Melanie stayed put, right next to Aggie. Her mother turned back to look at her, and she actually was close to tears.

"Melanie?" Gwen called to her.

"Bye, grandma." Melanie said to her grandmother, as she handed back her own broom. "It was a great ride."

Melanie kissed her grandmother's cheek, then walked away. As she got close to her mom, Gwen reached out to her. Melanie just dodged her hand, and then ran to catch up with a pouting Marnie.