Chapter 2

It was now evening and I was starving, I looked in my purse and saw a dollar. Great, I thought.

I put on a coat and grabbed my phone before heading outside. As I closed the door I saw that the handle looked like it was about to break off.

"Are you kidding me", I screamed in frustration, kicking the door making the handle actually falling off.

"Hey are you okay?", a voice suddenly called out.

I jumped suddenly startled by the voice but looked to see a guy looking at me curiously.

He was standing at a door, two doors down from mine. I looked at him for a second then spun around and went downstairs then outside totally ignoring him.

I'll admit it was a bit rude but I was hungry and when I was hungry I didn't give a shit so it sucked to be him.

I got out of the apartment building and started walking down the street when I saw a little girl and her mother dancing. They were in their yard dancing away not having a care in the world. That seemed so nice, I'm glad the child was going to grow up and have an actual childhood.

I looked away before I started thinking about my mom. Over the years I've figured out how to not feel sad about them but from time to time I can't help but wonder why they hated me. I get that I was basically bad luck but I was still their child.

I was still in thought when I bumped into someone. "Ouch!", the person exclaimed. I looked up and saw that it was a girl. She looked a bit older than me.

She was really tall like 6ft but then again I was 5ft 5 so everyone above 5 ft 7 was tall in my eyes. 

"Hey I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going", I said quietly.

She then smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen in my life "oh no worries hun, I wasn't looking where I was going either. I got a text and I took it out of my bag to look at it when I bumped into you so I guess it's both our faults."

I just smiled in return "My name is Olivia but my friend calls me Liv", I said holding my hands out to her to which she quickly shook my hands in return. "I'm Sofia and my friends call me, well Sofia", she said laughing.

"Okay Sofia", I said laughing too.

"Are you from here?"

"Umm, yeah, yeah I am", I answered feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Either she didn't notice or she didn't care but she kept smiling as she asked me for my number. I paused debating if I should or not. Every friend I have ever had was fake and didn't stay very long but I decided to give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

So I gave in and we exchanged numbers. She told me she lived  nearby and that we should catch up sometimes. I just answered with a sure. I was probably not going to be here for long anyways.

After we parted our ways I remembered why I was walking in the first place. Oh yes, I was starving.

That Sofia girl seemed nice but I doubt she would stay, they never do. I walked a bit further before I came to the dollar store.

I went inside and bought a cheap chocolate bar and went outside to eat it. Looking at the time I saw that it was 5 PM. Ashley should be coming now so I headed back home.

I was climbing up the staircase when I heard someone talking on their phone. They were in front of me so I couldn't see their faces.

"I know that, you think I don't know that, every day I think about it so you don't need to keep rubbing it in my face everytime you call. I've got it okay"

I didn't want to eavesdrop so I fastened my pace and tried to pass them. My efforts were left futile when I felt someone grabbed my arm. " What the heck is wrong with you?", I  shouted as we both came to a stop at the top of the staircase."Don't touch me".

"Okay,okay I'm sorry, it's just that I wanted to ask why you ignored me earlier"

I didn't even realize that it was the guy I saw before. I mentally rolled my eyes at my horrible luck.

"What are you talking about", I inquired.

"You know well what I'm talking about", he said, coming closer to me, causing me to step back against the wall. " I was asking if you were okay and you just ignored me without answering" , he said as his gaze softened.

I looked at him blankly, I can't believe this guy, who was he to act as if he knew me. "Look man I didn't hear you okay now can you back up?".

He nodded and then backed away from me, I was about to walk off when he grabbed my hand again. I quickly pulled away, "Listen asshole if you touch me again you won’t keep that arm of yours.

"Hey, hey I'm sorry I just wanted to know your name"

"No", I said walking off.

"No", I heard him shout behind me.

"My name is Sebastian by the way"

"Don't care Stanly", I shouted back.

I didn't turn around but I heard him chuckling, I only rolled my eyes in return.I walked up to my door and went in to see Ashley laying on my couch.

"Hey Ash", I called to her. She looked at me happily." Hey babe where were you?".

I shrugged " went for a walk"

She came up to me and gave me a hug " I brought pizza", she whispered in my ear causing me to smile. What would I do without her?.

Remember to vote and let me know what you think.

What do you think about Olivia, do you think the guy was being rude?